What is the difference between VermX and Flubenvet?

• 34 Replies

Elcie

Just wondering as I meant to buy Flubenvet but have ended up with VermX - not sure how that happened!

Kate and her Ducks

Re: What is the difference between VermX and Flubenvet?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 16:26 »
Verm X is a mixture of herbs and plant extracts that are thought to help protect the bird from parasitic infection. It will not clear an established infection but is organic and drug free. Flubenvet contains a drug that kills the worms and is therefore treatment and prevention of heavy infectation that can cause devastating consequences for the bird.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

hillfooter

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 17:02 »
I wouldn't accept VermX as a substitute for Flubenvet which is a pharmacuetical product.  Flubenvet is clinically proven against a broad range of worms.  It's used widely and generally accepted by the veterinary profession as safe and effective.

VermX is a relatively recently introduced herbal concoction formulated as a natural wormer and promoted on it's anti chemical natural credentials.  I haven't seen any clinical evidence of it's efficacy and it's promoted by testamonial anocdotal evidence.  I wouldn't accept this for an instant as those who provide the testamonials, just for starters, appear to be not independent of the manufacturers or have an anti chemical agenda or axe to grind.   It may be nice and natural but if it isn't effective it actually is doing harm to your chx by not ridding them of their worms so you really need to be certain of its efficacy and only clinical evidence provided by properly conducted trials is acceptable.  Marketing messages aren't evidence and anocdotal stories aren't free from bias so insist on seeing proof positive it works.

If you didn't order this get it replaced on principle.

Also don't be tempted to use another "natural" wormer Diatom which is unproven and has some serious concerns raised against it's safety.
HF
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 17:05 by hillfooter »
Truth through science.

hillfooter

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 18:01 »
I thought I might be being rather dismissive of Verm-X so I checked out their website.  It's long on the virtues of herbs and how natural they are being natures healers and did I mention how great natural Verm- X is for those seeking a natural remedy, and of course how pure and fresh all the ingredients are proving how natural it all is.  So it goes on and  there's loads and loads in this vein.  However for those seeking a proven effective remedy there's not a peep, nor anything about which worm species it's effective against at least not up front and obvious.  However it's a natural remedy and as everyone knows that makes it much prefered to those vile pharmacuetical products which have rigorously trials and are proven to be effective and safe.

They also promote the fact that Verm - X is "Award Winning" so you might think that's a great endorsement of the product but the award they talk about is a business award for how much money they've made as a company ie how many gullible souls have fallen for their marketing message.  They also  have won a Green Apple award for their ECO friendly principles (did I mention how natural and fresh everything was?).  You just wouldn't believe it was manufactured at all though in fact it is but of course only using natural ingredients, but not by Verm-X but by sub-contractors so not too hard to recycle the office waste and reduce the carbon footprint.

All this is just witchcraft and scorcery as far as I can see.  All things we see about us, we ourselves, are made from "chemicals" which were created in the nuclei of stars.  We are litterally star dust.  Some is toxic and harmful, some is helpful in the treatment of disease and some is inert and is neither.  Only the latter is truly harmless without any side effects but then it's useless as a treatment for anything.  Only chemicals which are reactive can help or harm and the concept of everything which is beneficial being natural and everything which is harmful is somehow unnatural is just marketing eyewash.

Verm-X might be the best thing since sliced bread at treating worms but they sure don't claim that, or offer serious credible evidence and I, and you, shouldn't take it as a given, nor can I believe just because it's herbal it's a great idea, so for me it's a non-starter.
HF
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 22:43 by hillfooter »

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 18:31 »
Great post hillfooter and one I wholeheartedly agree with.

Most of the natural, fresh herbs in verm-x are the type which give you a tummy ache and make you run for the smallest room  ;)

Is hemlock a natural fresh herb ?

dizzylizzie

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 18:32 »
In short...the difference is flubenvet actually works ;)

hillfooter

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 22:31 »
Well nearly Lizzie but more that Flubenvet has been proven to work and be safe and has clinical data to prove it.  Verm-X is only inferred to work and only has anocdotal testimonials to support it (well their holistic VET likes it). :wub:

Well Aunt Sally if what you say is true I must get some Verm-x 4U for the MIL.  No I'm not kidding they make a formulation for people (over the age of 4 :ohmy:).  The benefits claimed are listed in the below paste from their website,

"USING VERM-X4U
Verm-X4U comes in one size - a 50ml tincture bottle. It is suitable for children from 4 years upwards, at just 4 drops per day every day to keep parasites away. Adults take 8 drops a day.  Add to food or drink.
Whilst the ingredients are purely natural, we do recommend you seek medical advice if you are unsure of its suitability."

I'd certainly endorse the last sentence but I shudder to think what my doctor would say if I asked him.  Though unfortunately, or more probably fortunately, they aren't allowed to sell this in the UK.
HF
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 22:33 by hillfooter »

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 22:47 »
That's shocking HF.  It feeds on paranoid peoples fears.

wildwitchy

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 22:49 »
All this is just witchcraft and scorcery as far as I can see.  

Now we don't want any of that hocus pocus do we?

hillfooter

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 22:52 »
That's shocking HF.  It feeds on paranoid peoples fears.

Yes but only foreigners in the Euro zone so doesn't really count does it??? :unsure:
HF

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 22:53 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Shame on you HF  ::)

hillfooter

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 22:59 »
All this is just witchcraft and scorcery as far as I can see.  

Now we don't want any of that hocus pocus do we?

Well not without being in the union eh Witchy?  Herbs are just for the cissies so maybe you could curry us up some potion in your cauldron using only traditional natural ingredients such as bat's wings and toads.  Now that, I could believe in. :D
HF

wildwitchy

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 23:14 »
Well as said, with my nurses head on now, many potent drugs were derived from herbs and still are so don't poo hoo them, its just the quantites that the companies supply them in the the general public that are rubbish (Ie. like over the counter flea treatments). I hasten to add use wormwood/artemisia for worms & its great but with due care as it's a poison.

Anymore recipies for the cauldron while its bubbling away?

dizzylizzie

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 23:35 »
i use herbal remerdies all the time with fab success.Only today my hubby cut his arm on weldmesh, ive cleaned it and applied manuka honey-stops infection :)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 23:37 »
It's OK to take risks with husbands DL but not with yer chooks  :ohmy:

xx
Flubenvet v VermX

Started by Jomtie on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post April 15, 2012, 15:44
by Tony H
xx
Vermx

Started by audi on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post September 08, 2010, 16:40
by audi
xx
How do you tell the difference

Started by bacchus51 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 24, 2010, 11:23
by bacchus51
xx
What is the difference.

Started by oborne27 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 17, 2013, 08:53
by Sassy

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 38 queries.