Rosemary Officinalis "Point du Raz"

• 2 Replies

mrs bouquet

Rosemary Officinalis "Point du Raz"
« on: April 20, 2021, 16:08 »
I bought this fairly well developed plant last year and left it in its growing pot.  It flowered beautifully all over the winter, which puzzled me.     About 6 weeks ago, I planted it in a container, in soil with a 50% grit mix.
Now the flowers are finishing.    But it should not have flowered when it did, it should be starting to flower now.       I know the man who owns this small nursery buys nearly all his "big plants", ie tree ferns, bamboos etc etc from overseas.   
Do you think the plant is confused about the season being different from whence it came, and what should I do.  ?   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Rosemary Officinalis "Point du Raz"
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 19:53 »
It could be Italian stock.  They have dry but very cold winters where the specimen plant nurseries are, so it may have felt it was spring when it got here.

If you repotted it, it will be growing new roots ready to make a lot more top growth.  Once it has done that, it will flower  :)

mrs bouquet

Re: Rosemary Officinalis "Point du Raz"
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 15:05 »
Thank you, I am sure you are right.  I know he buys in from Italy.    So it must be confused (a bit like me)
If it really gets very shabby, I will pop back to the nursery with it.   They have lovely cake as well.!  Mrs. B

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 42 queries.