my girls

• 3 Replies

buttony22

my girls
« on: July 28, 2011, 22:18 »
I am very proud of my girls i bought them late monday afternoon settled them into their coop and run............spent a lovely day watching them tuesday closing their coop at 9 that night after they put themselves to bed....woke next morning cleaned outdoor space, opened coop to let them out and what did i find.................Yes u got it an egg  :) and then i got another today.  I also let them out to play today and when it was time to stop trashing my veg they went to bed beautifully love them so much ...........now i need to know best wormer someone has told me about an organic one which means u can carry on using eggs is it any good?

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: my girls
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 05:45 »
Glad to hear you are having a good time with your new chicks Buttony, though you may have to barricade off your veg bed if you want anything left for you  ;)

The only really effective wormer is Flubenvet.  The others are really preventatives and do not control some types of worm like Gapeworm. If your run is stationary you might also want to worm a bit more often than every 6 months.  There is info in Aunt Sally's usefull poultry info post and if you do a search on the forum for Flubenvet, you'll get loads of threads discussing this so you can have a read and make your own mind up  :)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 07:12 »
yes flubenvet every time - and you can still eat the eggs whilst they are being wormed  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

buttony22

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 11:29 »
thanks will check out aunt sallys useful poultry info and think i will pop into to the breeder just to check when they were done then start treatment if necessary......its the one thing i forgot to ask when i bought them and definitely need to protect my veg  :)

xx
What's up with my girls?

Started by Catsmuvva on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post February 08, 2010, 16:39
by Catsmuvva
xx
how many girls in a run

Started by karlooben on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post February 12, 2009, 22:55
by meterman
xx
New Girls

Started by SJC on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 08, 2012, 08:22
by Sassy
xx
Do girls do this?

Started by slowef on The Hen House

35 Replies
Last post June 03, 2007, 00:09
by djt

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 37 queries.