Bing ?

• 16 Replies

mrs bouquet

Bing ?
« on: July 16, 2021, 13:09 »
I have always used Google to search for things of interest.    Now I am getting "Bing"   what is this, is it ok to use it ?  thanks,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Lardman

Re: Bing ?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 13:18 »
It's microsoft's attempt at becoming google search.  :nowink:  It's functional but you've never going to hear anyone say they'll have to "bing the answered to that"  :lol: 

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 15:58 »
It's pretty useless, compared to Giggle  ::)
Try altering your browser settings so that you use what you want to as a first choice

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 19:57 »

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2021, 14:24 »
Thanks for the replies.  In simple terms how do I alter my browser setting.   Sometimes, it will show Giigle and/or Bing.  But sometime Bing is the only option  -   I want Giigle   -  stamps foot Thanks  Mrs B

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2021, 14:59 »
My update changed my giggle browser. It still says giggle but the screen and top menu buttons are different. I checked my browser setting but it still said I was using giggle - PAH!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2021, 15:54 »
Ah, that is how it happened.  I have had a few updates recently (wretched things !)  I knew I hadn't fiddled with anything.  I shall have to try to dismiss Bing now.  ::)  Mrs B

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2021, 16:00 »
Thanks for the replies.  In simple terms how do I alter my browser setting.   Sometimes, it will show Giigle and/or Bing.  But sometime Bing is the only option  -   I want Giigle   -  stamps foot Thanks  Mrs B
On top right of your browsing screen should be either a row of dots or a set of cogwheels - click on those. You will either go straight to settings or have to click on cogwheels again, to get settings  ::)

Once you are in settings, you should find a link for browser settings, make Google your first choice. That should do it  :nowink:

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2021, 17:02 »
After my post yesterday and looking again at my browser settings, I found I am actually on Microsoft Edge and have no browser options to select in order to change this back to Giggle. I can use Chrome but I don't think it has a list of my saved Favourites as Giggle and Edge has. I've also found it's stopped me from accessing someone's blog which I've often used and replied to without any problem (my Norton 360 would have let me know anyway if there was) so am rather peeved to say the least as replying to this person's blog gives me a lot of fun with a lot of jolly jokes to share.  :mad: :mad: :mad:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2021, 17:47 »
I am on Edge as well.  But I am going to try what Mum says.

Lardman

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2021, 18:02 »
Let me Google that for you  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

https://www.google.com/homepage/search/sp-edge-p.html

Step b step destructions on how to change your default search engine to Google.  ;)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2021, 18:14 »
Let me Google that for you  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Love it  :wub:

Welsh Merf

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2021, 09:21 »
There is also the very simple option of downloading Google/Google Chrome, and have an icon at the bottom of your screen. Just click that when you want the Internet. That's what I've done, with no issues. The Microsoft Edge icon is also there (as standard), but I never use it.
I may be Welsh, but I love ewe anyway!

See my diary pages here

and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2021, 14:58 »
Well, I have fiddled and twiddled all to no avail.   So I guess it'll will have to stay.   Sometimes when I do a search there is no alternative, so bing it has to be.
I have also got Groupon crept into my emails.  I don't know how it got there but I get about 6 emails from them a day.  Cannot remove that either.   :mad:  Mrs Bouquet

Christine

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2021, 17:59 »
There should be the option to unsubscribe on those emails somewhere. That's the way to get rid of them.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 54 queries.