flubenvet - how much?

• 21 Replies

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: flubenvet - how much?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 12:41 »
I started off using Diametrous earth but read so much saying there is no proof of it working.  As we have lots of wood pigeons that visit the garden I decided to use flubenvet.  I have never had any signs of worms either before of after using flubenvet.

The only thing you can do is carry on using Diametrous earth and keep an eye out for any signs of them having worms.  You can then treat them with flubenvet.  You may never have to so if you are wanting to stay organic keep feeding them as you do now.

You can always let us know your results which may help others choose between Diametrous earth and flubenvet.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

digga666

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 13:42 »
I will no probs.   I have never seen any worms but the place of the chickens is visited by crows and magpies untill i get rid of them.   I noticed black runny droppings which i put down to cold and me digging worms so thats why i gave them the DE  and the black runny droppings seems to have stopped now.    Maybe this could be a sign of it working?

ANHBUC

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 13:57 »
They might have been eating something in the garden that changed the colour of their poo.  Elderberries can cause it.  I think mine have eaten young ivy leaves which changed the colour to nearly black.  They are not supposed to eat ivy but mine do.  I try to get rid of it from the garden but it pops up all over due to the blackbirds reseeding it!  ::)

You rarely see signs of the worms in the poo unless the worm burden is really bad.  Best to just keep check on their overall health for signs of worms.

digga666

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 21:42 »
Not really just grass which they have destroyed and i have to say they are the most destructive animals.

Bren200

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 22:23 »
Flubenvet which one is best, liquid, powder or pre-mixed pellets ? Not sure which one to buy.

ANHBUC

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 23:31 »
Flubenvet which one is best, liquid, powder or pre-mixed pellets ? Not sure which one to buy.

I didn't know they did it in liquid form.

I have used powder and pellets.  I found the pellets easier but it depends on how many hens you have as you can waste a lot.  I share mine with another local poultry keeper so no waste.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 23:37 »
if you are organic and use diatom or verm-x then I would get your vet to test their pooh every so often to see if their is any signs of worm eggs just to be sure as neither of these are proven to work on all types of worms.
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
flubenvet

Started by gcb on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 27, 2009, 13:36
by gcb
xx
flubenvet 1%

Started by oneup555 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post August 03, 2010, 11:24
by joyfull
xx
Flubenvet

Started by stevefitz5 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post June 02, 2010, 09:41
by Craig69
question
Flubenvet

Started by Honeysuckle on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 21, 2010, 20:45
by orchardlady

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 39 queries.