Tomato

• 1 Replies

Tantalus39

Tomato
« on: September 24, 2020, 11:38 »
I grew a new tomato this year called Lizzano. In the description it said it trailed down and was good in hanging baskets. I grew it in my normal pots and it grew and grew. I eventually had to lift it up on some staging by which time it was about three feet across and hanging down well below the pot. I also grew three outside which I now believe is the better option. Two in a half barrel and one in a chimney pot which was also raised up slightly. They are both hanging on the ground now and producing masses of cherry sized sweet tomatoes. A one to regrow next year but definitely outside I think. I will have to think how I can raise them even higher so they are easy to pick and don’t trail on the ground. It will have to be staked somehow as the plants are splitting near the bases. A good one to try and they were bought from Premier Seeds.

Growster...

Re: Tomato
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 12:03 »
Fabulous result there! Congrats!

If you look at the Thanet Earth website (they grow toms for supermarkets etc.), they reckon their Piccolo get that size - plus another twenty ft - which I can't understand, but your toms sound much more interesting than a hydroponic one, so well worth a pop next year!

xx
rich tomato, poor tomato

Started by missmoneypenny on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 15, 2013, 20:03
by mumofstig
xx
Tomato help

Started by flash on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post February 24, 2008, 02:35
by Eristic
xx
tomato

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post January 29, 2012, 16:42
by gobs
xx
Tomato rot

Started by jarigo on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post September 13, 2015, 18:51
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.336 seconds with 37 queries.