Mini plastic greenhouses

• 24 Replies

Parsnip

Re: Mini plastic greenhouses
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 12:18 »
OK is it me,where has the link gone,it was there was'nt it.
And the price has gone up overnight has'nt it.
Somebody,please tell me i'm not having an aged moment.

Listen ,i'm gonna get a cup a cup of coffee and come back in a while

This link Digger?
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001501&langId=-1&productId=1500337425

Yes it  has gone up over night...How will that affect me I wonder, I reserved mine yesterday when it was £ 19.00 and I'm going to collect it later..? :blink:

Edit; I've just read the email and it says the prioce you pay is the one valid in store at the time of collection... :(
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 12:31 by Parsnip »

p00rstudent

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 07:52 »
ok got home yesterday after a freak storm to find my mini pastic green house spread across the garden in bits, along with all my seedlings, needless to say i was a little cheeses off. they had only been outside two days. i cant wait for the clocks to go forward so i can finish work in daylight and be able to see what i am doing, tourch light gardening is getting very annoying.

DIGGER

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 09:42 »
Thats alright then,not going do dah

Helen G

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 15:46 »
Hello,
I got one of these greenhouses for my birthday last year.  To help its stability, I put a layer of old bricks on the bottom shelf to lower its centre of gravity.  As a bonus, the bricks should act as storage radiators and keep the temperature up at night.

That just leaves the minor problem of ventilation.  One sunny spring day I forgot to open it up before I went to work, when I got home the mercury in my thermometer was jammed against the top of the tube and my toms looked very sorry for themselves.  Whoops! Didn't do that twice! ::)

Helen

Stree

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 16:10 »
Not exactly the mini greenhouse but the next size up, about 4 foot wide 6foot high and 6 deep, I had a replacement polythene cover given last year, and not having had one before I didn't have the tubular frame so I made a frame from roofing batten which is just treated 2x1 sawn timber, built in shelving out of it as well.
It is scewed through to fence posts on 2 sides so is quite sturdy and  last year grew toms and started lettuce and sweetpeas and other stuff in it ( first year with a greenhouse and first year growing veg !)
PS I am a joiner so this year will be building a proper greenhouse from Larch or Cedar, as a lean to against my workshop, about 7 foot wide 8 foot high and 12/15 foot long. will have pitched dormer type sections on the roof and feed electric from the workshop for lights and maybe heated propagators.

jolly jen

• Experienced Member
  • half of my crop of BNS & pumpkins
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009, 16:15 »
mine was from argos last year,
it has the tough plastic cover with a cros cross plastic,,
if its really windy like a storm,i put my garden chair next to it or a heavy plant pot.
but i leave mine up all year round.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and onions....

noshed

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 16:42 »
Blimey Stree I'd love to see your greenhouse when you've built it. Mine is an 8' cube made out of scrap wood and odd bits of plastic.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 17:00 »
I use this little wooden plant house - going into my third season with it now. I painted it with cuprinol garden shades (a pretty green) and have been very pleased with it.  It has been well worth the money - shelves have warped a bit but no problems with it whatsoever.  Easily put together as well.

http://www.haxnicks.co.uk/direct/details.asp?ProductID=8

HOW MUCH!!! :ohmy:

jazz
Do androids dream of electric sheep?

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 17:08 »
Thats a lotamoney  :ohmy: OH made me a bigger one for about £60 (if I remember rightly), I did look at ready made ones and must have been so annoying about wanting one that he gave up and made one  :D
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

Stree

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 18:09 »
Noshed,
Then I shall post some pics for you when its done !

I just remembered as well, the little mini greenhouses, I had one and yup it blew over when full of seedlings so my remedy was to sit it on a 3x2 concrete flagstone, mark the corners of the metal tubes and drill a hole  for each corner, fit a rawlplug and screw in an eye ( as in hook and eye) then put the greenhouse back and strap it down with cable ties through the eyeholes and round the metal tubing of the frame. Never a problem after that.

xx
Plastic mini greenhouses

Started by HLS on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post April 22, 2009, 08:51
by Debbie D
xx
Mini greenhouses

Started by FCG on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post June 02, 2008, 22:05
by Boothy
xx
mini greenhouses

Started by paintedlady on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post February 14, 2008, 19:53
by Noah'strolly
xx
Mini Greenhouses

Started by clarebear on Grow Your Own

21 Replies
Last post January 14, 2008, 21:11
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.384 seconds with 39 queries.