Greenhouse roof vent frame

• 5 Replies

polo71

Greenhouse roof vent frame
« on: April 04, 2020, 21:02 »
Trying to find  roof vent frame for a 8 x 6 europa manor greenhouse if anyone can point me in the right direction, Even one that I can alter to fit will do. I have just bought one off my association they had knocking about but it has no roof vent or opening windows and don't fancy all that heat in there in mid summer. Have spent a few hours on google looking but nothing that looks suitable. Going to try the one from my other greenhouse tomorrow but the trouble with that is even if it fits I don't know who made it !

cheers   

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
Re: Greenhouse roof vent frame
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 08:14 »
Just Googled Europa Manor Greenhouse and got this, https://www.greenhousespares.co.uk/shop/ventilation
Got to be worth contacting them. I have a feeling most prefab greenhouses use the same size glass panes. So, take one pane out and put the frame with opening glass in it's place. I would bet there were one or two in your greenhouse when new, and someone has replaced them with plain glass.
R Tallentire

polo71

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 12:40 »
Its the fitment at the top were it slides along the ridge that I this is induvial to the make of greenhouse, have tried 2 this morning and neither fit. Your right the glass in most greenhouses fairly standard, if I cant get one I will have make one of the roof glasses slide down with some sort of stopper.

cheers

jezza

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 12:58 »
Hello have you a photo of the vent ridge fitment please as there's a few styles jezza

polo71

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 13:06 »
Will get one later on today forgot this morning as we left so the person on the other half of the plot could get on as he is well behind and we cant really keep to the 2m rule (plot was split) plus he is in a high risk job so better to be safe.

Its a 3/4 round and I think its a "T" fitment that slides in. My other greenhouse vent is a "T" but was too big to slot in.

cheers

polo71

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 15:16 »
this is the ridge part.
a230.jpg

xx
Greenhouse roof vent

Started by Tohmahtae on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post July 07, 2010, 22:54
by Paul Plots
xx
Auto greenhouse vent.

Started by the Kergan on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post June 22, 2012, 11:24
by GrannieAnnie
xx
greenhouse-automatic vent qu

Started by Jonajo on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post April 01, 2010, 17:22
by penance
xx
Re: Been given a plastic greenhouse frame

Started by onthebeach on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post January 28, 2010, 17:03
by DD.

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 44 queries.