HELP !!! 4 week old chick has lost use of its legs !!!!

• 1 Replies

10tuppence

:( Last tuesday i noticed one of my chocolate split orpington chicks looking rather droopy in its brooder so i picked it up and it suddenly went all floppy so anyway i quickly held its mouth open and turned it up-side down to find it has a load of see throught gloop come out after that the chick was fine but had lost use of its legs and every time i put it down it would just flop to the side ... so i have given the chick a week just to see if it was a bad spell and it has had a 3 day course of *Amoxycyllin* the chick is absolutely full of life and is trying to walk when it can but .... its left foot seems to always stay clenched up unless i actually straighten it out and put it back down but that only lasts a few seconds and it uses its wings and sort of stabilisers !!! i really dont want to neck it as its such a nice chick..

any one expeirienced this before ???
Taylor :)

themagicaltoad1

Re: HELP !!! 4 week old chick has lost use of its legs !!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 22:16 »
I had exactly the same problem with my cockerel, (I did ask questions on here but it was a long time ago). He looked pitiful dragging this clenched foot around. Gradually over time he started to straighten it out a bit and now you wouldn't know he had had this problem. It did take quite a long time to sort itself out, so long as your chick is able to move around, seems happy and is eating & drinking I would give it a chance. I never did find out the cause of it.

xx
10 week old chick off her legs

Started by jim_148 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 22, 2012, 20:11
by Casey76
xx
chick with weird legs

Started by Craigx on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 05, 2012, 23:43
by Craigx
xx
chick with splayed legs

Started by too many girls on The Hen House

38 Replies
Last post September 30, 2008, 18:45
by Foxy
xx
chick with limp legs

Started by rusbli on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post April 24, 2013, 11:14
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 34 queries.