which incubator would you recommend

• 3 Replies

rachelr

which incubator would you recommend
« on: May 06, 2011, 22:51 »
I am thinking of getting an incubator and wanted some help. How do people feel about second hand ones. Are automatic ones very much better than none. There is a home made incubator for about 40 on ebay made of polystyrene is this ok??

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: which incubator would you recommend
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 23:00 »
I think I might be wary of a homemade one 2nd hand Rachel, you never know how well it works.

I'm afraid I'm not much help as you know, ours is a wee bit big for you just yet!  But I would say an auto turner is crucial.  Saves all that turning! lol

uktitan

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 23:13 »
I have a Rcom King Suro 20 which is fully automatic and i love it, I also have a Brinsea octagon 20 and its auto turning.. Don't like this one so much although im sure there are those that do like it..

I also have one of those Home made polystyrene ones form ebay that you Speak of, Those are total Rubbish to be totally honest, they are not good as an Incy and they are not very good if used as a hatcher either, we nearly lost a full Hatch of 32 chicks because of that thing.

you can get some decent deals on second hand incys, but don't fall for that home made thing, you will regret it as we did  :(
I now have the chicken bug woot i love the Poland's

jaxchucks

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 06:38 »
we have just purchased a r com 50, and we love it, just put the eggs in press a button top up with water every few days and the rest is done for me, it counts down the days adjusts the temp and humidity when required and has a huge clear top so you can see the chicks hatching. It is a tad on the expensive side but we love hatching our chicks and it gives us great pleasure so my partner and I said it was a joint birthday prezzie!! we did start out with a homemade poly one off the net but never again, infact we bined it after we nearly lost all our chicks in it.
Before we threw it away my other half took the fan and light out of the poly one and put together an emergency incubator using a plug in propagator, and we had more fertile eggs in the propagator than we ever did in the poly one.
Happy hatching

Jackie

xx
Anyone recommend...

Started by power_of_p3 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post October 20, 2009, 15:42
by poultrygeist
xx
Recommend me a breed please.

Started by death of rats on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post March 06, 2012, 06:26
by joyfull
xx
Which breed would you recommend?

Started by leddenton on The Hen House

18 Replies
Last post February 10, 2011, 18:30
by alisonwo
xx
which breed would you recommend for me?

Started by newhen on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post September 26, 2009, 19:20
by newhen

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 39 queries.