bullying

• 4 Replies
bullying
« on: March 14, 2011, 13:00 »
we have put two new chickens with ours from next door we got them all at the same he  had two we had six they have been running togeather with just a wire between them ever since didn`t think we would have any trouble there were a few scuffles that`s all,one of ours got bumble foot which we treated and it has cleared up but she still limps and now she is being bullied by several of the others they get her on the ground a really peck her need help

PaulineM

Re: bullying
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 13:39 »
Hi
I'm not the most experienced but in the mean time make sure she has somwhere to go to get some peace like over turned buckets or large flower pots.
If you have anti-pecking spray, spray her all over avoiding her eyes and that might help.
If there was one hen bullying her I would remove that hen for a few days.

Good luck
1 Hubby, 2 children, 2 Welsummers, 1 Leghorn Banty, 1 Wyandotte Banty, 1 Barnevelder, 2 Isa Brown, 1 Rhode Island, 1 Goldline,1 Maran, 2 Mottled Leghorns, 1 Leghorn cockerel & 2 Jack Russells

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 13:39 »
sadly as she is showing signs of being weaker than the rest she will be bullied until the new pecking order has been established (unless she is able to stand up to them she will become the bottom of the pack). Stay armed with purple spray to disguise any blood or redness and provide plenty of feeders/drinkers and places for her to hideaway. It will settle down but may take a couple of weeks.
Staffies are softer than you think.

muntjac

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 11:47 »
i would forget the buckets and or pots idea.if the hen is pinned in one she is going to have her butt feathers torn out or worse  just treat any wounds and let them get on with it. a tip i would give is, get a few branches of conifer place these up against the pen walls and make hidy holes but still able to run away if needed .bit like kids in the woods ;) , and it will even give your birds a new attraction and take thier minds of the bullying
still alive /............

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 08:18 »
thanks to  everyone for the  help going to try it all fingers crossed

xx
bullying hen

Started by dawnsmith on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post May 13, 2008, 09:16
by kimT
question
bullying

Started by Tricky on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post July 10, 2011, 12:53
by joyfull
xx
bullying

Started by wolverine on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post May 29, 2010, 15:50
by Jeanette
xx
Bullying .............. Why?

Started by SurreyLass on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post May 29, 2012, 19:52
by SurreyLass

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 36 queries.