stolen

• 21 Replies

ManicMum

• Experienced Member
Re: stolen
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 08:40 »
To a passing thief, they're "just hens" but I know that anything living in my house becomes like family - I really feel for you.
ManicMum

Elaine J

• Work = Organic Dairy Farming
    • www.2rr.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 10:41 »
How awful.  :( I hope you've got the police involved?
To me, it sounds like the work of a neighbour/someone with a grudge seeing as you only had three girls for the scumbag to take (unless they're prize hens).

E.   >:(

hillfooter

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 12:52 »
Like many people who have commented on this thread I find it incredible on so many counts that someone would do this. 

Not only is it callous and selfish it's totally stupid.  What sort of numbskull would risk breaking the law and possible prosecution in order to steal three almost monetarily valueless chicken?  Burglary to feed a drug habit is at least understandable but this is plain mindless crime committed by someone of very low intellegence.   They must get some sort of perverted thrill from doing it and not have any self respect at all.  It isn't as if it was a spur of the moment thing, it was premeditated (assuming you can ascribe the term meditation to the thought processes of such people) they brought bolt cutters to break the lock.

Really sorry to hear about your loss Izzy but almost equally sorry and sickened that we have to share this life with such contempable people.
HF

Truth through science.

Junie

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 13:46 »
sorry for your loss, I cannot imagine how you must fell, i was upset at losing to a fox, but that is nature, but to be stolen.

I hope you do not let this put an end to the chicken keeping, and find a a way to protect them further if at all possible.

June

penninehillbilly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 00:51 »
Hi Izzy
sorry to hear this, I still remember the feeling when I saw my hut door open, and that's many years ago now, they took a trio of Rhode Island Reds, I had an idea who it was but could never prove it. >:(
Is there a poultry  / small animal auction anywhere near? maybe too late or they may wait a few weeks till they think you've given up looking.
since keeping geese I have had very little trouble :)

wolverine

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 06:34 »
Just a though but do you have many people round your way who choose to live in caravans? ( I think that's diplomatic enough) anyhow these people in my opinion and also sadly experience have very few morals. that would be my first point of call. unfortunatly if I'm right the police will not help I don't know if they are scared or paid off but that's the way : (

sorry to here about your hens   
"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it."

izzy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 08:53 »
thanks everybody for your support.My girl that is left is now housed near the house with far less room but at least I can check on her more often.I could understand if they had been show birds but they are just run of the mill hybrid birds.I did inform the police and the community officer made us a call he was extremely helpful and supportive but what can you do about a missing chicken.

xx
Stolen Egg's

Started by Lakisha354 on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post July 02, 2009, 10:22
by Sassy
xx
stolen!

Started by shetan on The Hen House

43 Replies
Last post February 21, 2012, 12:44
by Kenilworth
xx
STOLEN

Started by JANEVANS02 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post December 17, 2008, 11:21
by babe
xx
stolen eggs

Started by chicklit on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post May 14, 2009, 12:35
by HelenK

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 35 queries.