Scaly leg mite treatment???

• 17 Replies

Prod

Re: Scaly leg mite treatment???
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2015, 12:57 »
I rescued a Buff Orpington Cockerel, Billie, who had appalling feet, scaly leg and deformed toes. I tried everything and then my chicken keeping neighbour told me to use petrol!!   I dipped his feet in it then rubbed them with Aqueous Cream the first day, then just cream the second day, then petrol and cream etc for just over a week. The result was amazing and he didn't seem bothered.  He has just moulted and looks really good, apart from his deformed toes, which I can't do anything about, when he runs he sometimes falls over.....  He is the most expensive chicken I have ever had, once costing me £100 to have an eye removed because of an abcess but he is a real pussycat and loves to be picked up.  I daren't tell you what my OH  thinks (or says) about it....... :ohmy: :ohmy:

Sassy

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 12:11 »
Bet she loves him really  :lol:  Especially when you think about all the nasty cockerels out there :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

TashaH

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 22:25 »
I gently scrubbed with a toothbrush while dipping leg into warm tea tree puppy shampoo to remove the dirt, not any scales. Then applied petroleum jelly, and repeated this every other day for 7 days, then finished with scaly leg treatment from the pet shop 2 time's a week, for 3 weeks to be sure... legs as smooth as a babes bot :)

xx
Treatment for Scaly leg Mite.

Started by orchardlady on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 13, 2011, 22:05
by orchardlady
xx
scaly leg treatment - egg withdrawal?

Started by ChristyRose on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post September 13, 2011, 00:51
by Lindeggs
xx
When is the best time to handle hen for scaly leg treatment?

Started by LivvyW on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post March 26, 2011, 22:39
by Squibbs
xx
Scaly Leg Mite

Started by stamford on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post October 17, 2010, 20:35
by oborne27

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 35 queries.