freecycle

• 3 Replies

Mrs.Tweedy

freecycle
« on: April 23, 2008, 08:12 »
Just thought I would let everyone know about this. I have just joined locally and its a fab idea.
Its a 'yahoo groups ' thingy and its a scheme where you offer your unwanted items to others for free and can request or claim other peoples unwanted stuff thus reducing the ammount of things that end up in landfill.
I have just got rid of some wine demijohns which were collecting dust and hadn't been able to sell at the car boot and acquired some breeze blocks which will be the foundations of my new greenhouse :D
 But I have seen absolutely everything on there from an old piano to geese/ducks. I just googled freecycle and my county and there it was!!

mdueal

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.averysmallholding.co.uk/
freecycle
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 10:03 »
Freecycle is fab - we have had paving slabs, baby things, cookery books, cake decorating instruments, an oak bureau,200 italian ceramic wall tiles for our kitchen, reupholstering supplies, oak antique armchair, a pair of skis, a fridge freezer and a cat all from freecycle!! (The cat incidentally is now called freecycle - datatag and everything!)
It has got to the point where my other half has also joined freecycle just so he can see what i am thanking people for so he knows whats in the living room when he comes home.

niccijarvis

Freecycle
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 10:36 »
Freecycle is a Fab website   I have got rid of alot of different things through it I also got all the timber I needed to build ny chicken run. I always check it out when I need anything.    :D  :D  :D

daveinmanc

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.traffordangling.co.uk
freecycle
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 11:24 »
yep freecycle's absolutely brilliant   :D

i've had a few things off it including a 6 foot metal shelving rack which is going in the shed i'm just building, a near full roll of galvanized wire mesh and in return i've given away a digital camera, some computer bits and anything else i think may be useful to someone to save throwing it in the bin.

xx
Boston Freecycle offer of chooks...

Started by poultrygeist on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 16, 2008, 09:00
by poultrygeist

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 28 queries.