x batt hens

• 9 Replies

jimroden

• Experienced Member
x batt hens
« on: March 20, 2008, 13:37 »
I have read on many posting's about x batt hens do you have to diet them as I presume they will be used to eating and drinking all day :?:  :?:

When i get my coop up ( hopefully some time over easter) I would get some xbatt hens so i will be posting some daft questions then
Dont tell lies you get in trouble

Captain_Dingbat

x batt hens
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 13:47 »
Ex-bats DO seem to do nothing but eat all day at first, and I was amazed by the amount I was pouring into them, it was costing a fortune...! However, I don't give them half as much now and they have reached an excellent weight and are all re-feathered, you would never know they are ex-bats!

They have a HUGE field to roam in, and spend their time digging up worms, and these are the things that they do naturally of course, and for the first time last week, there wasn't that mad rush back to the fenced-in pen where their coop is to the trough when I filled it!

You should have seen the first time one of them found a worm when it was raining...all 9 of the others came tearing across and a mad scuffle ensued! At this point...most were half bald and I cried! My husband tutted at this but it was so nice to see!

I'm going tonight to get a load of chicks off a friend who has far too many chickens at the moment.....but ill be getting some more ex-bats in the summer, as they are the most amazing things ever, and each one has a different personality!

You can sit all day and just watch them....

I'm actually doing an assembly at the school I work at in a few weeks about battery farming, and Im taking a couple of them in so the students can see them!

Regards,

Donna

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
x batt hens
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 13:59 »
None of my ex batts were overweight!!!!

Wildeone

x batt hens
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 14:15 »
Mine hoovered up anything and everyt5hing at first but have settled down now (with in 2 weeks) They're lovely.

:D
1 x hubby
2 x daughters
3 x chickens
1 x bunny
6 x african snails  . . . . . and counting.

babe

• elvis king of chooks
x batt hens
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 15:33 »
once they realise they have lots to explore and not just eat they soon settle down.

how are yours doing wildy, evie is undressed today, showing off her new stubby little feathers.

they are all getting new feathers sprouting, so wonderful to see

Wildeone

x batt hens
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 16:12 »
They're ok  :?  Henny Penny is covered to stubby little feathers and is still very timid but all in all they're lovely healthy and can't wait to get out everymorning and rotavate my boarders!

Fat Hen

x batt hens
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 16:31 »
They also get more excersise than they're used to.  Today mine got their excersise by digging up my 6 yr olds spring flowers (she were a tad upset but still cuddled the chooks) :lol:

Jellyhead

x batt hens
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 16:41 »
EXCUSE ME, HELLO, BABE........PICCIES PICCIES PICCIES, you of all people should know that :shock:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

babe

• elvis king of chooks
x batt hens
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 17:44 »
Quote from: "Jellyhead"
EXCUSE ME, HELLO, BABE........PICCIES PICCIES PICCIES, you of all people should know that :shock:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

be fair jelly, the poor little lady is strutting around for her first time with no clothes on. got to at least give her 24 hours to get used to being naked..... before asking her to pose :roll:

NormandyMary

x batt hens
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 20:34 »
I cant wait to see Evie again. Evie is also the name of  my great niece and she is a right little cutie too!

xx
new ex batt hens

Started by gaz.grace on The Hen House

23 Replies
Last post March 02, 2009, 19:59
by mrs.ploppy
xx
Ex Batt hens or not?

Started by min200 on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post January 30, 2010, 15:07
by Flowerpower136
xx
x batt hens

Started by jimroden on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post August 14, 2008, 15:39
by Aunt Sally
xx
Ex Batt help

Started by coxyMFC on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post September 21, 2009, 09:53
by Flowerpower136

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 36 queries.