Goose Egg

• 7 Replies

Vember

Goose Egg
« on: January 25, 2008, 13:47 »
Hi, I'm Sarah from North Wales. Am really new to this so please bare with me :?
I have a 9 month old Goose who laid her first egg on Tuesday, she made a lovely nest etc. The egg was soft shelled but I thought for her first attempt it was very good. Anyway Yesterday she seemed off colour. Crumb (her Name) lives in the house so when she came in last night I checked to see if she was egg bound and she was. With a little assistance we managed to deliver said egg, the top half was soft rest ok. An hour later another egg popped out bottom half soft rest ok! :shock: When i looked closely the two eggs looked like at some point had been joined :? Is this possible?????

She is now sat in her nest again, could anyone please tell me if this is normal behaviour?? Any info Pleaseeee, don't want to loose her by doing something wrong :(

Bodger

Goose Egg
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 14:09 »
Its not I'm afraid.

You are just going to have to hope that subsequent eggs are going to be OK. If she continues to lay these malformed eggs, then you are going to be in serious trouble with her. There's little else that you can do for her, other than what you are doing at present. Lets just hope that its a small technical hitch that has now sorted itself out.

Vember

Goose Egg
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 11:58 »
Just A quick up-date.
Crumb laid another 2 "funny" eggs on Saturday (26th)  this time they were 5 hours apart! Then nothing till Tuesday when the most perfect egg you'd ever seen popped out :)  On Thursday another popped out, so touch wood all seems to be ok and those first few must have been her practice eggs :) Phew  :D

Selkie

Goose Egg
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 12:00 »
Oh that's good news, hope she's all sorted herself out now and it won't happen again

Vember

Goose Egg
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 14:22 »
I have put a few photo's on my profile album. Just thinking if any one else ever had this problem it might be helpful to see ????

Selkie

Goose Egg
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 14:26 »
:shock: That does look very strange!

Nice to see the other photos too - she is a gorgeous girl, but it looks like you're inflating her in one of them :wink:

naturesparadise

Goose Egg
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 14:47 »
sounds like your problem could be a calcium problem i would give her some very good grit which has shell in it

i had that same prob with birds and after some  calcium grit never had the prob again

Vember

Goose Egg
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 14:52 »
Thanks for advice, have given her grit, sand and every thing else i could think of. Seems to be sorted for now ( touch wood ), Thanks again :)

xx
Goose getting better - Thank you :)

Started by Vi on The Hen House

33 Replies
Last post August 12, 2009, 13:25
by lina
xx
How Do You Sex A Goose

Started by dangolding on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post March 08, 2008, 10:24
by Bodger
xx
goose value!

Started by megkaya on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post June 16, 2015, 11:51
by megkaya
xx
Goose egg

Started by slowef on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post February 24, 2008, 20:21
by Stree

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 34 queries.