Ground Nuts

• 2 Replies

Learnerlady

• Experienced Member
Ground Nuts
« on: November 21, 2020, 11:28 »
Morning
Managed to get popcorn ordered this morning thanks Basketcase\AnnieB. See other post.
So, just wondering if anyone has more recent experience or advice on growing these?  If read some of the previous posts - no more photos please, shock horror, but its been a few years from what I could tell so new varieties and tips could be available. Want to grow on lottie, not completely dug over yet but soil not very sandy but some areas have been sieved and look to have good drainage. 
Also have large metal shelving unit which im going to use as raised bed so could alter soil and wondered if the metal would heat up the soil and help? No greenhouse or poly....
Thanks

jezza

Re: Ground Nuts
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 19:32 »
Hello what are you trying to grow ?pop corn is sweetcorn/maize Ground nuts are Peanuts /monkey nuts ,ground nuts are a pea family and grow with a long stem that goes into the ground and produces the nuts under ground  look on  You Tube at peanut growing   jezza

Learnerlady

• Experienced Member
Re: Ground Nuts
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 21:11 »
Hi Jezza, Ground nuts. TBH I tend to google and you tube but always good to have comment from home or allotment gardeners, I did try growing seeds in the greenhouse last year but they didn't germinate.

xx
You might think I'm nuts but...

Started by Benandbill on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 14, 2011, 19:53
by Kleftiwallah
xx
Nuts

Started by drizabone on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post September 23, 2008, 16:22
by GreenOwl
xx
Pig Nuts

Started by ratman on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post May 04, 2008, 06:45
by Porcia
xx
pig nuts anyone

Started by Madame Cholet on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 02, 2012, 20:44
by Madame Cholet

Page created in 0.348 seconds with 41 queries.