tomato leaf problems.

• 3 Replies

jaycee

• Experienced Member
tomato leaf problems.
« on: June 07, 2008, 09:23 »
On a couple of my tomatoes I have the dreaded brown plodges and the leaves are starting to curl and go dry and crisp. Is this blight?
At first I thought it might be a deficiency and I sprayed with an Epson Salt mixture but this hasn`t cured it.
The temps in the polytunnel have been over 100F.
[CODE]

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
tomato leaf problems.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 11:36 »
There have been no reported or suspected outbreak of blight near you, so I don't think it's that.

Epsom salts are used for magnesium deficiency which his characterised by yellow leaves. One thing we can say is 'yellow this isn't'!

They may well have been over-cooked. I'd take off the affected leaves & keep a very close eye on the others.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

sharky

• Experienced Member
tomato leaf problems.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 11:42 »
I was having a lot of problems with brown patches on tomato leaves also, I must have pulled three good handfuls of affected foliage off them. Although since I sprayed them with a sachet of diathane and left the greenhouse door open (to stop condensation and increase air flow), I have had no problems since and my plants have recovered.  :) I have even spotted some ickle tomatoes on them, so terribly proud.  :oops:  8)

jaycee

• Experienced Member
tomato leaf problems.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 10:00 »
Thanks for that. I have removed quite a few of the leaves and will keep my eye on the rest. This is the first time I am attempting to grow tomatoes in the newly purchased/erected polytunnel. With less than two days rain during the past 6 weeks...unheard of here in the Highlands and high temps to boot.....it`s turning out to be an epic struggle.
Thanks again for the input..it`s MUCH appreciated.

clip
Leaf problems

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 20, 2018, 11:34
by Dr_Pepper
xx
leaf problems

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 16, 2009, 10:14
by home made pie
xx
Leaf problems

Started by LynnieK on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post May 11, 2012, 18:44
by LynnieK
clip
Raspberry leaf problems

Started by Potatogoddess on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 08, 2016, 22:23
by Salmo

Page created in 0.344 seconds with 34 queries.