The RYOBI 410r 31cc "rotavator"

• 5 Replies

Guzzik

The RYOBI 410r 31cc "rotavator"
« on: August 23, 2010, 18:28 »
"Looks nice" I said to my mother-in-laws new hubby.  "Oh yes John, it goes like muck of a shovel that does, I love it to pieces I do, did my garden a treat it did!...........Do you want it, coz as we are moving and I don't have space and you have your plot and I don't and...and....and"  On he went in his own "Oh woe is me" way.  Now, I had been thinking about getting a rotavator.............So I said "ok" and it was mine.

Now for the good bit.

Took it down the plot, filled it up with fuel (I had done all the checks on the engine at home), Started it up, increased the throttle till the tines turned and it went.........BOING...BOING...BOING...BOING across the TOP of the bl**dy soil without leaving a mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The damned thing is PERFECT for rotavating dry sand BUT, anything other than that?  Forget it!

When I told him he says "Oh yes, you need to drag it backwards to make it work"....................Anyone want a Ryobi..............No?  Ok then......
No, that carrot is a worm mum.................

Gwiz

Re: The RYOBI 410r 31cc "rotavator"
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 12:23 »
Yep, I've got one of those, Fantastic little thing. :)

Vit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 23:31 »
Bump  :D

Last saturday i've got RCV-330 (looks very similar to Honda FG110, but engine rotated and fuel tank is next to handle)for the price of couple drinks. Weather forcast promised rain, so i said "why not to play with tools?" Looks not bad from outside, but fuel tank was filled up with something looks like mayo then fuel. On good side - there is spark and i can turn engine(not anymore  :D). Armed with screwdriver, small tray with petrol, old tooth brush and foot pump to blow off "mayo fuel" out of carb channels. Cleaned fuel system and tried to start engine. FAIL  ??? Took off sparkplug  and found rusty water on it  :ohmy: Well, game became more interesting. Played with pull start and foot pump for about an hour and removed most water from engine. Put things back and tried to start.  :D It starts, but died pretty soon - more water on the sparkplug  :blink:
Somehow i heated up engine by these short runs, then it died again with metal sound DONNNG  ??? crankshaft? Pulled handle, but still can turn it  :blush: Left it overnight to let it think about it's bad behavior  :wub: These morning replaced sparkplug and tried again. It started quite easily, revs, heated up, then... BIG DONNNG   :D And this is the real fun now - crankshaft stucked. Well, it's time to have look "what's inside of the cat". Will be back soon to post some updates and maybe photos. Any requests?
rcv-330-1.jpg
rcv-330-2.jpg
rcv-330-3.jpg

Vit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 05:04 »
By some reasons piston rings said "good bye"  :blush:
rcv-330-4.jpg

Dominic

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 09:32 »
When I told him he says "Oh yes, you need to drag it backwards to make it work"

Erm, isnt that normal?
I do mine backwards....
Although not with a petrol ryobi...
We use chemicals in this garden, just as god intended

4th season allot

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 19:25 »
I have a ryobi cultivator also on un worked ground I remove the two outer blades and it will then manage to dig in.
On cultivated beds it is very good at working your manure compost etc into the bed.
Doug

xx
RYOBI 410r

Started by Gwiz on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post May 07, 2007, 21:36
by shaun
xx
The "toy" engine "expert" is out.

Started by Gwiz on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post April 21, 2007, 09:57
by Gwiz
xx
"Aquired" some corrugated plastic sheets

Started by Kleftiwallah on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post March 24, 2017, 10:46
by Kleftiwallah
xx
"pre-mixed" Cheshunt Compound - ok to keep?

Started by fekq on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post March 15, 2010, 20:10
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 38 queries.