Been to my plot today for......

• 32 Replies

gobs

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 10:18 »
Oh, the cut was no thorns, I don't know if anybody else is plagued with this, or it's just a local phenomenon, but the ground on my plot is full of broken glass, from tiny bits to quite large pieces, I've collected 2 boxfulls of them and no end in sight. :evil:

And then you can't garden with some plastic bottle on your hands and thick builders' gloves don't tend to come in ladies' sizes. :(

Well, after cutting through a tendon, I think I'm a bit paranoid of glass, so I best stop moaning about it. Sorry. :roll:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

jacnal

• http://jacnal.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 20:02 »
Quote from: "mkhenry"
Quote from: "gobs"
No, I can't.  :D

I just mean you are being wasted very witty and entertaining. :)

i just go out there and get cut as it comes. No frills or moans. :roll:

You may like to know gobs that cuts caused by thorns and other ordinary plants in the garden regularly KILL people in this country. :?

Every year some poor soul contacts Tetanus(Lock Jaw)Etc from microrganisms and bacteria in the soil. :cry:

Going out of your way to get cut up under those circumstances is not a good idea. :wink:  :roll:  :roll:

Info aimed at Gobs but bl**dy heck  :!: :shock:. I could die from these scratches? Cut up plastic bottles it is for protection before I do the gooseberry bushes - yikes! Good thing I got a tetanus jab in Jan...
Jac

Trying organic gardening. Hoping to stick to it.

jacnal

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 20:07 »
Quote from: "richyrich7"
Wow Jac you are doing well, I haven't been near mine for about 3 weeks  or so :shock:

I just can't keep away for more than 3 days Rich! It's my addictive personality. When I gym, I doi it religiously, when I garden I do it religiously. I have withdrawal symptoms, lol!

Never been addicted to any substances though, in case someone's wondering :shock: . Just good things :wink:

jacnal

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 20:14 »
Quote from: "splodger"
best to get rid of the nasty prickly plants - is to cut them up in small bits - starting from the top and working down - if you want to clear it - then dig out once you've got rid of the thorns -  with roses - when pruning, work out what you want to cut out (old/dead wood) and cut from the base - and follow the stem up - cutting evey foot or so - nice small pieces that you can pick up with the tip of your secs - and easy to manage bits - to get to bonfire.

i'm accident prone - but i don't get cut by thorns that often - little and often is the safe way to prune  :wink:

I'll take note of this when (if) I do the gooseberry bushes. I've discovered even more were hidden under the bramble... I think I have about 8 of them! And none is pruned yet, and now I can't tell between old and new branches - what to do? Or does it not matter with goosies? Might leave till next year, then propagate a few - the bushes look old and gnarly :(

jacnal

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 20:19 »
Oh, the cut was no thorns, I don't know if anybody else is plagued with this, or it's just a local phenomenon, but the ground on my plot is full of broken glass, from tiny bits to quite large pieces, I've collected 2 boxfulls of them and no end in sight. :evil:

And then you can't garden with some plastic bottle on your hands and thick builders' gloves don't tend to come in ladies' sizes. :(

Well, after cutting through a tendon, I think I'm a bit paranoid of glass, so I best stop moaning about it. Sorry. :roll:

I do! And not just glass, but annoying plastick stuff like bottletops! Luckily not cut myself as yet, and I hope I dont!

I totally agree with the lack of ladies gloves that are properly protective. Mine still have the thorns go through them. The oversized men's gloves which were even cheaper don't have thorns going through them. I'm sure there are men with small/medium size hands, so I'll keep looking...

Ps didn't realise you were a girl Gobs :wink:  :!:

gobs

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 20:28 »
Quote from: "jacnal"
Quote from: "mkhenry"
No, I can't.  :D

I just mean you are being wasted very witty and entertaining. :)

i just go out there and get cut as it comes. No frills or moans. :roll:

You may like to know gobs that cuts caused by thorns and other ordinary plants in the garden regularly KILL people in this country. :?

Every year some poor soul contacts Tetanus(Lock Jaw)Etc from microrganisms and bacteria in the soil. :cry:

Going out of your way to get cut up under those circumstances is not a good idea. :wink:  :roll:  :roll:

Info aimed at Gobs but bl**dy heck  :!: :shock:. I could die from these scratches? Cut up plastic bottles it is for protection before I do the gooseberry bushes - yikes! Good thing I got a tetanus jab in Jan...

Chill out Jack,

It's like 1 case per about 7,000,000 of population a year, and that's not necessarily from pruning. I know, it's still unlucky for that person, but there are more killing things about, that are really dangerous.  :D

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 21:12 »
Wow Jac you are doing well, I haven't been near mine for about 3 weeks  or so :shock:

I just can't keep away for more than 3 days Rich! It's my addictive personality. When I gym, I doi it religiously, when I garden I do it religiously. I have withdrawal symptoms, lol!

Never been addicted to any substances though, in case someone's wondering :shock: . Just good things :wink:

Bit Like that myself with the garden or when I've got a "project" on, had a bad case of sciatica for the last 13 weeks and struggle a bit at the mo, to get to work etc. May have to buy myself a mantiss   :wink:  to help down the plot.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

WG.

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2007, 21:14 »
had a bad case of sciatica for the last 13 weeks and struggle a bit at the mo, to get to work etc. May have to buy myself a mantiss   :wink:  to help down the plot.
Spend the cash on a good chiropractor instead of a Mantiss  :)

gobs

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2007, 21:16 »

Bit Like that myself with the garden or when I've got a "project" on, had a bad case of sciatica for the last 13 weeks and struggle a bit at the mo, to get to work etc. May have to buy myself a mantiss   :wink:  to help down the plot.

you haven't even been pregnant,surely. That's a *, though. Get better, Rich! :)  :)

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2007, 21:21 »

you haven't even been pregnant,surely. That's a *, though. Get better, Rich! :)  :)

7 kids takes a toll you know  :wink:

gobs

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2007, 21:58 »
Quote from: "WG."
had a bad case of sciatica for the last 13 weeks and struggle a bit at the mo, to get to work etc. May have to buy myself a mantiss   :wink:  to help down the plot.

Well, I just got to agree with shamanic beardie person, again, waugh. :roll:

jacnal

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 19:29 »
Quote from: "WG."

Well, I just got to agree with shamanic beardie person, again, waugh. :roll:

Me too. They work miracles on bad backs and necks! I think I shoud see one myself soon. I seem to have lost the strength on my back since my op. I get tired too quickly and my back hurts more than it ever has. I wonder why that is? :cry:

gobs

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 20:06 »
Too much digging and leaning?  :roll: Maybe. :?

Position, position, posture, posture, etc.  :roll:

jacnal

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2007, 20:16 »
Too much digging and leaning?  :roll: Maybe. :?

Position, position, posture, posture, etc.  :roll:

Must be... I couldn't walk straight for weeks, so bad posture right there. I'm all healed up now though, so maybe some strengthening exercises at the gym..... I need more time in the day :cry: .

gobs

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2007, 20:20 »
Why don't you try a Pilati course?  :wink: It can work wonders with the right guidance. 8)

xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today 2024

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post March 18, 2024, 19:19
by vikingraider
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2011

Started by Paul Plots on Grow Your Own

2810 Replies
Last post January 01, 2012, 00:38
by Paul Plots
xx
my plot today (pics)

Started by pawsnclaws on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post January 25, 2010, 14:01
by pawsnclaws

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 35 queries.