Foxes!

• 1 Replies

domw001

• Msg. To Mother Nature: Just Bring It!
Foxes!
« on: June 17, 2011, 10:28 »
Three years ago when I first got my plot I built a cage around my brassicas with canes and garden netting. It kept the pigeons out but the cabbage-white got in.

Last year I built a cage with canes and debris netting. It kept out pigeons and butterflies but was too heavy for the canes and would collapse at the slightest breeze.

This year I built a frame 18" high using 2x1 timber and, with the debris netting, it's secure from pests and won’t fall down if someone sneezes.

I started planting out my summer & red cabbages & caulis 4 weeks ago and they were growing strong & healthy.

However the local fox population seems to think I have erected some sort of trampoline/lavatory for their exclusive use.

I went over last night and the nets were down and 75% of the plants underneath were flattened. I did a quick fix but went over again this morning to do a better job of putting it straight.
And there they were. 3 "Basils" jumping around my plot as if they owned the place.

:mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad: :mad:  :mad: :mad:  :mad:

They scarpered when they saw me but I would have given anything for a pack of dogs at that moment (and that’s from someone who tells his small sons that all bugs, worms and small crawly things are God's creatures and must be looked after).

Hopefully the plants will recover but, I swear, if I see another bushy tail riverdancing on m’cabbages I shall be calling for the Essex Hunt to pay Plot 69b a visit.

Rant over.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:50 by mumofstig »

digwell123

Re: Foxes!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 16:48 »
Love this post!!!!! :)
Rotorvators rule!

xx
foxes

Started by dustcartkev on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 20, 2015, 19:35
by m1ckz
xx
Foxes

Started by viettaclark on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post August 23, 2017, 08:58
by viettaclark
xx
Foxes

Started by Plot74 on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post April 30, 2012, 07:18
by joyfull
xx
foxes

Started by worzel gummidge on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post June 07, 2007, 09:17
by corndolly

Page created in 0.338 seconds with 35 queries.