weeding - I now understand purgatory!!!

• 3 Replies

ianjmatt

weeding - I now understand purgatory!!!
« on: February 20, 2009, 12:13 »
Took over this plot last month and have spent the last four weeks removing the weeds form the whole plot (as it was neglected for a couple of years!).

I have done a good job of getting the roots out for the bigger weeds, and have done as good as I can with the bindweed roots. The real battle has been the grass roots. My question is that what seems to be left is the little brown hairy grass roots that just seem to be stuck in the soil - it would take me all year to get every single on of these out and I probably wouldn't have any soil left. What would the implication be of leaving these?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 12:27 by GrannieAnnie »

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: weeding - I now understand purgatory!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 13:16 »
I don't think that kind of root will give you much of a problem Ian !  Just ignore them and keep your hoe moving throughout the growing season :D

Christine

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 20:21 »
Aunt Sally is obviously an excellent plotwife and knows exactly what a hoe is for - wonder if she could spare me a few days in season?  :unsure:

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 23:09 »
Aunt Sally is obviously an excellent plotwife and knows exactly what a hoe is for - wonder if she could spare me a few days in season?  :unsure:

I think she'll need lots of cake for that!
And as always is right..keep the hoe sharp and moving constantly. I love it once the big weeds have gone, its so relaxing

Ive just hinted to OH that I need a new hoe, he owes me as hes been a *** this week...others want diamonds, I want a hoe. Do I need my head examined?  :D :D

"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

xx
Just so I understand this...

Started by Riala on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post December 28, 2008, 20:48
by Parsnip
xx
I do not understand...

Started by Riala on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post January 01, 2009, 14:25
by compostqueen
xx
Cabbage : Why does nobody understand ?

Started by Lardman on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post June 28, 2009, 08:59
by poppie
xx
Pictures that only posters on this forum would understand.

Started by fatbelly on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post May 06, 2008, 00:24
by Trillium

Page created in 0.411 seconds with 36 queries.