Books, Rotation and confusion

• 26 Replies

muntjac

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 11:46 »
nah u aint ,,, u got four plots .follow one of the four group plantings and say  " * it that'l do "

incidently i have followed the planting routine i use as my mom used it and its the same one i got shown at T.C.H.C  wallingford in 73.74.
still alive /............

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 11:54 »
Markus, I have been doing this for 5 years or more now, i am still confused by readings, I read just recently that you should never put leeks in the ground that your new spuds has just been dug, in other books it will tell you to plant them, so I came to my conclusion that all ways are correct and you adapt to your best way. I go slightly different to munty, my brassics follow the legumes, the theory is the nitrogen noduls left by the beans suit the cabs etc, the roots follow the brassicas as that had been mucked in the previous year. so on a 4 bed system 1 and 3 get mucked in, these are spuds and brassicas, 4 which is beans has veg waste dug in over the winter where the beans will grow and bed 2 which is roots gets a covering of bonemeal just to boost it, I have very sandy soil so you do need to put something in every year.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Trillium

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 15:34 »
Isolating toms and potatoes isn't overly necessary Markus, but you need to think 'height' of each plant. Will one shade out the other as they mature? Which variety will grow taller and hence need planting behind the other when the sun is out? Courgettes, or zuchinni as we call them here, are huge plants that overshadow anything near them so you'd want them away from small crops like onions which will suffer lack of light. I've never personally found the pests of one to bother the other, but both toms and potatoes are reasonably heavy feeders, and toms have a greater thirst than the town drunk.   :wink:

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 16:20 »
I will be more than happy to take on any tom plant at drinking, lets see if it would still be standing after the Bushmills  :lol:

WG.

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 16:58 »
Quote from: "Aidy"
I will be more than happy to take on any tom plant at drinking

Boasting like that just might land you in a Guinness Drinking competition mate.   That would be against Mrs Golf incidentally - I fall asleep after 2 pints.

Trillium

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 18:31 »
Hey, WG and Aidy, we'll talk about you 2 in another forum !  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

muntjac

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 20:20 »
Quote from: "whisky_golf"
Quote from: "Aidy"
I will be more than happy to take on any tom plant at drinking

Boasting like that just might land you in a Guinness Drinking competition mate.   That would be against Mrs Golf incidentally - I fall asleep after 2 pints.

a challenge your willing to pay for  i hope lololo :lol:

WG.

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 20:36 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
 a challenge your willing to pay for  i hope lololo :lol:

Hell no, not a chance

muntjac

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 20:52 »
i will pay for  all pints we have after the 15th? ? hows that  :wink:

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2007, 11:21 »
It must be nice to have such an understanding wife WG, last Easter I went into a coma for the weekend, it was thursday before the wife spoke to me, the words uttered were not how are you feeling love but when do I get my appology!! to which I thought  what did I do do? The thing is I normally go out on thurs night with the boys so with a slight murmour I whisped I will be going out tonight, to which I got a major I should not of said that look, so off I trot to the pub, two of the lads I was with at the weekend were there and was very surprised to see me and filled in all the blanks which actualy was one big blank, so with much regret I will have to step down the challange with the lovely Mrs WG but I will take the challenge with the toms purley in the name of science.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2007, 17:05 »
I try to do a 4 year rotation each year, but when OH mde my paths, he staggered them because it looked 'prettier'! but that just means more of a headache, as they are 2 different sizes!!!!! lol  But I can't say anything can I?  Afterall, he made lovely paths, that only an earthquake will move!!!

milkman

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2007, 17:23 »
oh annie you haven't got him very well trained have you?!!!
Gardening organically on chalky, stony soil.

xx
Comfrey Confusion

Started by Iecabus on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post September 04, 2019, 14:02
by Iecabus
xx
more raspberry confusion.

Started by radiohead on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 14, 2012, 07:19
by sunshineband
sad
potato confusion

Started by strangerachael on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 13, 2014, 20:58
by gobs
xx
Cauliflower confusion

Started by Lenny59 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post October 26, 2008, 19:09
by gobs

Page created in 0.394 seconds with 35 queries.