Available allotments

• 8 Replies

samcol1995

Available allotments
« on: March 04, 2007, 22:18 »
Have you waited ages, well heres your chance.
Our group in Sunny Elmers End, very close to Beckenham, Kent has available plots for immediate occupancy. Some are overgrown and will need cultivating, but there are some which could be ready for this season. Good access and mains water also. Cheers

agapanthus

Available allotments
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 12:09 »
We have also got some spare plots on our field.....Belstead, Ipswich, Suffolk. Mains water,secured main gate, cheap allotment products (if you become a member of the allotment society) and of course absolutely fantastic fellow allotmenteers!!!!!  :lol:  :lol:
ps and the vacant plots have just been ploughed and are waiting to be harrowed! :)

milkman

Available allotments
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 12:20 »
Agapanthus - what size are the plots - are there half size plots available and who would you get in touch with to get one - would it be suffolk county council?
Gardening organically on chalky, stony soil.

agapanthus

Available allotments
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 15:01 »
Milkman.....half and full size plots available.....
http://www.ipswich.gov.uk/Services/Allotments/Allotments.htm
good luck! :D

milkman

Available allotments
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 16:20 »
Thanks for this - I had an idea it could be something for my sister who lives at Pinebrook - she's going through a bad patch with depression at the moment and I thought that getting her out there digging, planting and harvesting might help, but having spoken to her today I think she's struggling to see her way through to tomorrow let alone take on the responsibility of a lottie plot.

WG.

Available allotments
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 16:24 »
Quote from: "milkman"
Thanks for this - I had an idea it could be something for my sister who lives at Pinebrook - she's going through a bad patch with depression at the moment and I thought that getting her out there digging, planting and harvesting might help, but having spoken to her today I think she's struggling to see her way through to tomorrow let alone take on the responsibility of a lottie plot.

Sorry to hear it milkman.  Did you maybe suggest she join this forum?  If she has an interest in growing then it might just help a little??

mum2many

Available allotments
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 17:23 »
Just the planning is helping my depression, (something to look forward to, keep me occupied, getting out will really help) Get her to have a look on here for support :)
Em x
Already got names for my chooks but dont tell "Tom"
organic? non organic? not a clue only just started

agapanthus

Available allotments
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 18:58 »

Milkman.....I've suffered from clinical depression since I was 15 (I'm now 50) and if it was'nt for gardening and especially the allotment I think they would have locked me up years ago and thrown away the key!! Seriously tho' it really is very beneficial for depression sufferers......the only way from down is up!! :)

frazzy

Available allotments
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 21:05 »
i totaly agree with you there agapanthus my OH has suffered for years  and  he says its his little piece of pherapy .
Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral.  byJohn Burroughs:

xx
new to allotments

Started by liliboots1 on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post November 20, 2008, 18:42
by fatbelly
xx
New allotments

Started by makedoandmend on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post June 30, 2014, 19:46
by makedoandmend
xx
New Allotments

Started by alfman on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post January 25, 2009, 16:46
by Salkeela
xx
Allotments Act

Started by Chappers on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post May 29, 2008, 12:06
by archibtbm

Page created in 0.365 seconds with 36 queries.