Alpaca manure

• 5 Replies

poppies

Alpaca manure
« on: January 05, 2009, 16:16 »
Has any one used alpaca manure, can get some free on wightbay - islands sort of ebay, cant find  anything about it in my veg books, I  dont want to waste my time loading it up  if it's no good.

Kentish Karl

Alpaca manure
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 16:51 »
No idea to tell you the truth, but as they are a grasing animal like cattle and horses etc, I would'nt have thought the "output" would be much different.

Trillium

Alpaca manure
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 19:50 »
Alpaca manure has a similar nutrient value as cow manure but isn't as prone to burning as is most fresh manures. You can add it to the veg bed a few weeks before planting or simply mulch with it.

*****Dogs love alpaca manure and will both eat and play with it, neither of which is good for the dog. The manure is also a ball shape which will roll quite easily so you'll want to be careful not to tip over your barrow. And alpacas, being friendly animals, will line up to add more to your dwindling pile as you scoop. :wink:

peterjf

alpaco
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 22:24 »
hi , depends what the pacos have eaten , they double chew as do cattle , should be good stuff , fill ya boots , and bags ,

poppies

Alpaca manure
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 07:06 »
Thanks for your replies I will give them a ring

Zippy

Re: Alpaca manure
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 11:16 »
An old thread I know, but having realised that Veganic gardening is just not sustainable – you just can’t find enough green waste to keep the nutrient levels sufficiently high; even on my little 20 x 20 plot – I was looking for manures which did not come from the local meat batteries.

I have a friend who is the farm manager of a local agricultural college who keeps alpacas which graze on organic grassland and I shall be filling my Peugeot tomorrow morning (in bags of course).

To say the least these animals are well cared for and happy beasts.

I tip my cap to those who I berated for using manure; I thought it possible to garden veganically, but my experience has shown it is virtually impossible to maintain the heart of the soil while growing high demand plants like our vegetables.

xx
Alpaca manure

Started by Audy70 on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post June 15, 2014, 20:28
by Audy70
xx
Alpaca manure

Started by titch on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 16, 2009, 20:41
by titch
xx
Chicken Manure Pellets vs DIY Store Manure

Started by RookieJim on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post February 20, 2014, 14:01
by Hampshire Hog
xx
How good is Pig Manure mixed with Horse Manure?

Started by MichelleC on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post December 05, 2011, 17:50
by MichelleC

Page created in 0.39 seconds with 34 queries.