2nd and 3rd day on plot! Pics :-)

• 20 Replies

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« on: June 05, 2008, 22:45 »
Here we are, getting there slowly, I cant believe how much we've got done already (believe me its true!) The two sheds have come down, the weeds are slowly going (very slowly) and Im still feeling great and excited :-) Though I dont ache too much my feet are killing me, I didnt expect that
I kept DDs peas in mind from the lovely pm he sent me yesterday, and that bucked me up too :-)
Ive dug a 6ft wide bed (Ive found thats too big, so Im going to do 5ft size) and all along the fence for peas and beans -just to get something in while we work on getting the new shed there and fences and a gate put up.
On the sad side, the lovely flags we were given for a pathway (carried and vanned onto the plot site by us too) have been taken by two commitee members who apparantly help themselves to anything thats not nailed down and sell the leftovers  :cry:  Unfortunately we cant prove it, though I can see the flags on their plots they already had some flags there before. We have been warned to keep everything under lock and key too.
On the plus side I have met some lovely guys, alan and  john, and john has given me leeks, fennel, cabbages and spinach, and have helped us with everything so far, very nice to meet such lovely people.

heres pics :-)

(and sorry for the long post guys)
Second shed down

Hopefully the last day we have such a big fire

End of day 2

Day 3 - the midges bite! (this is chris my OH)

End of day 3

"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

noshed

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 22:49 »
Looks very good. You Lancastrians can certainly wee! Very good for the compost.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

matron

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 22:49 »
Very well done peapod. You have achieved a lot in such a short space of time. You will be harvesting your own crops very soon.  :lol:

Trillium

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 22:58 »
The plot is taking nice shape very quickly. Hard to beat press gang labour  :lol:  You'll have to make sure your flags somehow 'disappear' off those member's plots and back to your home if this is how they like to behave. Be insistent that you've no idea what happened to them.

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 23:23 »
Quote from: "noshed"
Looks very good. You Lancastrians can certainly wee! Very good for the compost.

:D  :D  :D

I have two pics of my oh and my friend Nozzy and they are much worse!

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 23:32 »
Quote from: "Trillium"
The plot is taking nice shape very quickly. Hard to beat press gang labour  :lol:  You'll have to make sure your flags somehow 'disappear' off those member's plots and back to your home if this is how they like to behave. Be insistent that you've no idea what happened to them.

Their plots are locked up nice and tight with barbed wire on their 8 ft fences and sheds, for 'vandalsim reasons'

Ive learned a good lesson early, and at least I hadnt paid for them  :D

iwantanallotment

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 23:38 »
It's looking great peapod, you're getting through it in no time!
Looking forward to seeing pics of your crops - very soon at this rate  :D

Snap Dragon

• I want chickens... and ducks!
    • http://thedragonsden1.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 00:05 »
I can't believe they stole your flags!! What utter bar stewards they are!!!! Commitee members too! Outrageous :twisted:

On a good note... you've done brilliantly!

You'll soon get some good crops growing there  :D
Snappy 

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter.

peggyprice

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 09:26 »
Oh heck ... you've given me something to live up to, Peapod  :oops:  :lol:

Try Citronella oil for the midges - and guerilla warfare for the flag thieves  :wink:
Nobody said this was going to be easy ... but some days are better than others!

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 09:31 »
Ooo fire Mmmmm fire.. I like fires

Welsh Girls Allotment

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 12:12 »
At least you found out early what sort of people you neighbours are - scumbags - the plot is looking great  :lol:

Arls0308

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 14:44 »
Hi,

Yo're plot is looking great after such a short time too - well done! When you've finished with your 'press-ganged' labour, if they fancy a trip to Hull, I've got half a plot that needs digging!

With regard to the 'walking' flagstones. Until you get better security, could you paint your initials or plot number on your stuff somewhere and maybe even take a quick phot as proof if needed? (Touch wood) I've been lucky so far that things tend to stay where they are on our allotment site. I've even been on evening and plants have appeared in my greenhouse!! I was a bit concerned at first, but then found out it was the lovely gent in the opposite lottie donating some spare bits!

Keep up the good work, get what you've got in and you'll be away in no time. I planted some 'French Breakfast' radishes (even though I don't actually like radishes) as I know they're quick to grow and so was able to harvest my first crop this week after 6 weeks!!!

Arls
Arls (Allotmenteer since March 08!)

"Earth is here so kind, that just tickle her with a hoe and she laughs with a harvest." Douglas William Jerrold

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

GaryH

• Experienced Member
    • meandmyplot
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 17:52 »
Wheres the pics.

it would be nice to see other plots.

Thanks
Thanks

Trillium

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 22:46 »
I'm stunned that those thieves are such scumbags. Wonder if there's anything in the rules about that barbed wire fencing? The stuff is banned everywhere here.

kel28

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 22:54 »
You done excellent work keep it up it will alll come together very quickly! I cant believe your flags got nicked seriously how sad are some people. i'm pleased to see a pic with a young boy in I like it when kids are into it my friends little one thinks I'm mad!! I have 3 kids 10 yr old 2 yr old and 1 yr old my 2yr old like playing with the water and stripping off I do get funny looks but they are out growing veg and learning. People soon moan when they are in front of the tv or computer so good for you and well done!!
kem

xx
first pics from my new plot.

Started by green gnome on Grow Your Own

29 Replies
Last post November 29, 2009, 15:45
by green gnome
xx
my plot pics

Started by Janeymiddlewife on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post April 09, 2009, 12:12
by woodburner
xx
Pics of my new plot

Started by bunch29 on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post May 14, 2009, 16:41
by bunch29
xx
My plot - a few pics

Started by fletch on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post June 13, 2008, 21:53
by spud

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 35 queries.