What's this?

• 4 Replies

Toby Langley

What's this?
« on: June 21, 2021, 12:43 »
Hello

I planted some courgettes and round squash amongst other things, I don't know what this one is and whether or not to pick it.  :wacko:

Thanks.
Cropped squash2.jpg
Cropped squash.jpg

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: What's this?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 12:57 »
Looks like a rather large courgette to me (the round squash should be in the shape of a ball, and probably, although not certainly, a different colour/pattern on the skin.)

What were the 'other things' you planted?
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Toby Langley

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 13:02 »
The courgettes I planted were Firenze F1, but at no point growing did this look anything like the courgette on the packet.  I also have some butternut squash.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 13:33 »
Yours look like the Firenze F1 courgette pics I've just googled (albeit one of them almost marrow-sized!)
Wrong picture on the packet?  :unsure:

Butternut squash are always yellowish even when young AFAIK, so you don't appear to have any set fruits of those yet (they do take much longer than courgettes to grow to maturity, which like to do it while your back's turned!)

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 21:03 »
That’s a large courgette otherwise called a marrow. Courgettes change  in the blink of an eye I’m afraid. Nice stuffed and baked nonetheless. HH
Keep digging

Page created in 0.375 seconds with 37 queries.