pear bonanza

• 0 Replies

muntjac

pear bonanza
« on: October 27, 2006, 11:31 »
picked the last pears ( conference ) of my three yr old tree today total wieght is 67 n a bit lbs  all the fruit was left to grow to the 2 1/4 inch ring size .this tree was a cheapo from woolies  they had reduced it twice and i evenually got it for £2 .it had sprouted and the leaves on it had turned a yellow colour so i didnt give much hope for it , i stood it in water with a dollop of liquid manure for a full week ,then put it in the garden with first class treatment and tlc for the first year .it flowered and the whole lot fell off including the leaves in the first year .i  had decided to pull it up n dump it after that but i forgot so it stayed a second year and gave me 17 fruit of dubios quality so i gave it more manure n tlc and this year the thing attained 9ft in hieght and 5 ft broad .whipy type branches and it flowered massivly and the fruit actually set, and now we have enjoyed the pears properly for the first time this year ,when i see conference pears in the suopermarket priced at £1.40 for 8 i now know my £2 was definatly not wasted .looking to have even more fruit next year. incidently its cordoned ,dont forget to give those cheap trees and plants a lok over now the season is nearly at an end, there are more bargains to be had  :wink:  :lol:
still alive /............

clip
Apple bonanza

Started by juvenal on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post November 10, 2022, 18:39
by vikingraider
xx
Radish Bonanza

Started by Digger Tom on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post May 30, 2010, 18:39
by digalotty
clip
pear problem

Started by dmg on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post July 01, 2013, 14:10
by wil4025
xx
pear tree

Started by dustcartkev on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 22, 2015, 18:04
by dustcartkev

Page created in 0.339 seconds with 36 queries.