What I did on the plot today 2021

• 113 Replies

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
Re: What I did on the plot today 2021
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2021, 20:49 »
I did something unfathomable, unprecedented and disturbing.... I planted flowers...

snowdrops

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2021, 07:44 »
Yesterday hubby & I levelled the area for my soon to be delivered poly tunnel, & painted Cuprinol on to the scaffold boards we’re putting around the base (inside)
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2021, 13:39 »
I did something unfathomable, unprecedented and disturbing.... I planted flowers...

Don't worry - you'll be fine :) Honestly you will  :lol:

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2021, 14:17 »

Don't worry - you'll be fine :) Honestly you will  :lol:

I've still got the shakes, I feel unusual.

Lardman

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2021, 17:55 »
I've still got the shakes, I feel unusual.
If it helps you can think of them as vegetables for the bees  ;)  :lol:

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2021, 07:59 »
I've been converting the parts of a (former) plant stand into a storage rack for long-handled garden tools (rakes, hoes, picks etc.).
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Lardman

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2021, 14:32 »
Snapped the fork in 3 - impressive as normally it's 2.  Shame it's a really nice day with a good breeze, digging weather. No a lot more I can do so I've measured up for some repairs needed for the chicken run and might do a bit more cleaning in the GH.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2021, 17:02 »

P1P, don't be disturbed!  Remember:

'... and there were vegetable gardeners living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their brassicas at night. A flower of the ornamental garden appeared to them, and the glory of the bright colors shone round about it, and the vegetable gardeners were terrified.  But the flower said to them (for they were so scared, they were hallucinating) "do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all gardeners. Today, in the allotment of Plot 1 Problems, a hollyhock has been planted before you; it is magenta, and quite showy (even though it requires the space of an entire tomato plant). This will be a sign to you: you will find a plant tag, with the varietal and Latin name inscribed, and lying next to the hollyhock in a raised bed.”

So, just relax and chill. The flowers and the vegetables usually co-exist without problems, and the flowers may even draw in extra pollinators.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 17:43 by Subversive_plot »

goose

• Experienced Member
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2021, 17:36 »
put in my charlotte potatoes and some nicola...did some howing and strimmed the paths :)

Enfield Glen

• Experienced Member
  • Borough champion 12 times
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2021, 09:46 »
Wind was in the right direction yesterday so had the last bonfire of the year before the the curfew. Got rid of the couch grass and bindweed roots. Despite only half the plots being tended it was good to see more people than usual working away.

Wilf

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2021, 18:54 »
Busy day in the sun today... been potting some peas / aubergine/ cucumber ‘ tomato’s in the plastic green house. Finished off making a cold frame out of scrap wood. Bit of digging over. Dreamed about the plot being full of fruit and veg 😁

snowdrops

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2021, 21:44 »
Spent an hour & a half at the plot swoeing the to be potato bed & levelling the mulch on it, hand weeded & tiffled the asparagus bed & spied a few spears poking through  :D, swoed around the outside of the perimeter of what will be the poly tunnel. Back home I finished pricking out the last of the tomatoes & then did aubergines,chillies & sweet peppers. 3:30 I decided  :wacko: to empty the shed out & clean it & the mess a mouse made ! Finally got it all back in by 8pm   :unsure:,not 1 of my best ideas  :lol:,but hey ho it’s done & loads of rubbish in the bin & my potting up table is in the garden (metal food prep table) to be taken to the poly tunnel when it arrives. Shed  looks very spacious  :lol:

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2021, 01:22 »
Too wet to do much of anything outdoors, but I pulled a few scallions, lettuce and spinach.  The snow peas and sugar snap peas are chest high and blooming!

I'm continuing work on a rack for long-handled garden tools. The rack is made mostly from wood that used to be a plant stand, now re-purposed. Even many of the screws are recycled. The casters are the new bit (so that I can move it around as needed).

Thrutchington

• Experienced Member
  • Now then!
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2021, 20:02 »
Few different things this weekend, cut a tree down, sowed leeks, onions, nantes carrots, radishes and spring onion seeds in a raised bed. Pulled a fair few weeds up too!

Offwego

• Experienced Member
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2021, 08:17 »
 A busy weekend, especially that due to Covid and then long Covid I hadn’t been near the plots since November 😱😱
So, cut down an apple tree, dug up a diseased pear tree, dug the bed where my spuds are going and planted 2 rows of earlies
Opened another row ready for a main crop of potatoes
Dug two other beds one for the onions, spring onions and leeks and one for flowers
Finally top dressed the potato bed with well rotted manure.

xx
Are you already planning your 2021 vegetable plot?

Started by Subversive_plot on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post August 11, 2020, 08:56
by basketcase
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
ate my first ever strawberry from my plot today!!

Started by starry on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post June 11, 2010, 09:00
by diggerjoe

Page created in 0.399 seconds with 53 queries.