Cat Litter...

• 4 Replies

TheSpartacat

Cat Litter...
« on: February 28, 2011, 01:36 »
Ok, no idea where to put this question, was thinking Pets without Feathers, but realistically, its the Hen House and Chicken Chat people who would know the answer... and then my brain started aching trying to decide between those two boards, so I gave up and put it here... feel free to move it!?
 ::)

OK- perhaps some of you cat owners have come across a litter brand called "Worlds best cat litter"? (yes they really did call it that), its completely flushable down the toilet (in small amounts) , biodegradable and absorbs odour brilliantly.
It also costs an arm and a leg.
My cats love it, but they are royalty so they tell me....

Looking on US sites and a lot of people have found a cheaper alternative to 'Worlds best' that they're getting in farm stores, and they're calling it 'chick feed' or 'chicken layer' or 'corn layer'... can any of you that keep birds tell me what that might be in English?  :D  ;)
Basically worlds best is made from corn and it looks like big cous cous... it has the consistency of rolled oats.... Any ideas??

(PS, even though its biodegradable- you don't compost it, in case anyone is wondering... because of parasites, bacteria etc...)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:37 by TheSpartacat »

spottymint

Re: Cat Litter...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 08:07 »
Could be chopped up corn cob's ?

Have heard of that being used, a by-product of the corn/maize industry.

mike1987

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 08:30 »
its mashed up corn kernals ive tryed it but the cats didnt like it i now use bio cat o let its just paper pellets its great the cats love it and the wet bits go on the compost heap also its a lot cheaper than worlds best and seems to absorb smels better

spottymint

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 09:13 »
Bio Cat O Let is great bedding for pet rats, sawdust gives them respitory problems.

Not used it as cat litter, must admit.

TheSpartacat

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 22:43 »
Yes it IS chopped up corn, and its dry... but what do they call it in farm supply shops here? I've googled the names they use for it in the US and i can't find any UK sites mentioning it, so I'm presuming its called something different here.   :blink:

Does anyone know the name? ???

xx
Can I use cat litter in a rabbit tray?

Started by Yana on Pets without Feathers

3 Replies
Last post July 30, 2012, 21:30
by Yana

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 38 queries.