What's for tea 2019?

• 745 Replies

JayG

• Global Moderator
What's for tea 2019?
« on: January 01, 2019, 08:41 »
Maybe something not made from Christmas leftovers!
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

madcat

Re: What's for tea 2019?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 09:32 »
Went to supermarket yesterday (to get slippers for OH, but that is another story!) and cleaned up on cold meats, so tonight will be cold ham, beetroot gratin and cabbage (he is going down the plot, last warmish day ..).  I really am going to have to sort that fridge out today!
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 09:48 »
Salmon, when I go & get it out, with ??? Might be in orange & ginger sticky sauce or with parsley sauce
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

wighty

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 11:03 »
Happy New Year to all.  Having got rid of the colds we both had (caught from one of the grandchildren) we are going to have roast lamb.  The first dinner we have had since the middle of last week as we really did not feel like eating before.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 10:08 »
Glad you are both better wighty  :)

I had a stupidly long shift on New Years Eve - there was nothing left of it by the time I got home  ::)  A swift sandwich was all I could grab.  Yesterday was going to be roast pork, but I woke up with that hot/cold/aching I'm getting a cold feeling.  After a duvet day I managed pasta with homemade tomato sauce from the freezer.  It must have been happy memories of summer days in the greenhouse surrounded by tomato vines, but I'm fine today, just a bit sniffly  :)

Roast pork is on for later and maybe a pud.  I've got a baked fruit sponge pudding recipe I want to try, plus preserved quince and frozen berries just asking to be used  :D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 10:15 by New shoot »

madcat

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 11:07 »
We are back on the diet kick, so it is pasta at lunchtime to warm us up, and a light dinner of ham and salad (bargain lettuce and bits from the fridge), with wholemeal toast for OH.

Edit : he passed on the toast!  Either he is really getting into this, or is sickening for something ...  :unsure:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 09:03 by madcat »

snowdrops

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 16:44 »
After a plot visit this afternoon for me, we are having steak & kidney pie,mash, carrots & whatever veg from the fridge needs using up. Steak & kidney is from the freezer as is the cut ready puff pastry..

Lardman

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 19:07 »
The plan was for pasta tonight with some some leftover chicken and pesto, but the weather strongly suggests something covered in spoon standing. Im trying to avoid doing my tax return so the pans are on for mash and mixed veg, I'll nuke the stuffing and cheat with bisto best for the gravy.   ;)

wighty

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 19:37 »
We over did it last night and have suffered for it!(Not drink I would add).   Should have built up to a big dinner.  Tonight we stuck to burgers for Paul and fish fingers for me with chips and peas.  Hopefully we won't have such an uncomfortable evening tonight.   

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 21:00 »
Dry January and diet over already.

Huge rack of ribs smothered in chilli BBQ sauce served with chips, allotment corn on the cob and washed down by a bottle of red. Happy days :)

madcat

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 09:05 »
Tonight is cold beef and leeks in cheese sauce, steamed pots will be offered to OH (see if he accepts).  Might do the odd leaf of cabbage too!  Gotta eat your greens ...  :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 11:59 »
After all the festive and traditional fare, over the last couple of weeks................ I really fancy a curry  :D
I've got lots of veg in the fridge to use up, and some lamb offcuts in the freezer, they can all go into it  :)

snowdrops

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 16:13 »
Was going to be sausages but hubby fancied pizza & as we were going shopping we could get mozzarella so guess what we’re having , with chips & salad.

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2019, 16:49 »
Lasagne tonight, but much less homegrown ingredients available now.

Lardman

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2019, 16:54 »
I appear to have been struck down with man flu overnight  :ohmy: I'm feeling even more in need of real food than normal.  Pans are on again for mash and mixed veggies and a a quick freezer raid has provided some slow cooked brisket in onion gravy.  It's not exactly chicken soup but needs must  ::)

xx

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post January 03, 2019, 11:35
by John
xx
What's the weather like where you are? - 2019

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

958 Replies
Last post December 31, 2019, 18:59
by wighty
xx
looking back on 2019

2 Replies
Last post December 31, 2019, 18:18
by WeavingGryphon
xx
allotments 2019

13 Replies
Last post March 23, 2019, 19:25
by jaydig

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 52 queries.