Talk Talk Super Safe Boost...

• 3 Replies

Growster...

Talk Talk Super Safe Boost...
« on: September 11, 2017, 07:10 »
For better or worse, we decided to stay with Talk Talk on their new cheaper tariff.

Like all these telecom, energy etc., companies, they're all trying to trip you up, cheat you with small print and provide far too much information for you to make a measured decision, but the TT deal is cheaper, so that's that.

But we seem to have acquired a ''Super Safe Boost' issue, and are still not sure if this is an anti-virus programme to replace the one we already have or not. TT want me to disable this before it is loaded.

Has anyone else seen anything about this?

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Talk Talk Super Safe Boost...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 08:48 »
Appears to be a downloadable antivirus package for TT subscribers - no idea how good it is but if you are happy with the package you already have you don't need it (in fact, it's never a good idea to have any two antivirus packages running at the same time.)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 09:57 »
Appears to be a downloadable antivirus package for TT subscribers - no idea how good it is but if you are happy with the package you already have you don't need it (in fact, it's never a good idea to have any two antivirus packages running at the same time.)

Thanks Jay!

We've been with AVG for years now, and apart from occasional annoying ads for upgrades, it seems to do the trick! Funnily enough, I wanted to try their upgrade, but it never went through online, even after payments were 'made' (didn't appear on my bank statement either), so they lost that little bit of dosh didn't they!

Now trying to get rid of Pinterest, who seem to email me every hour or so...

Mind you, LinkedIn is impossible to get out of, and after the Battle Royal escaping Bookface too!

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 16:00 »
I don't get the sort of 'interesting' spam I used to get when I was with, er, Talk Talk (::)) but I do regularly get nice friendly email reminders from all the holiday cottage rental companies I've used over the years, which given that I don't recall being given the chance to opt either in or out by any of them is a bit of a PITA. Suppose I could visit their websites to try to find a way of stopping them, but I can't be bothered.

You should be able to 'optimize' (i.e. nuke :lol:) your Pinterest emails via your personal profile (email settings) - don't know about LinkedIn.

xx
Super Summer!!

Started by arh on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post September 25, 2018, 18:06
by John
xx
Take care and keep safe!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post March 03, 2018, 19:31
by al78
xx
Are our allotments safe?

Started by jdwmk on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post March 21, 2020, 23:19
by Elaine G
xx
Stay safe in the heat

Started by Yorkie on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post July 20, 2022, 21:00
by Hampshire Hog

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 39 queries.