« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 20:51 »
such a little cutie  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Pip
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 23:29 »
Awe, lucky you and lucky Pip he is going to be loved to bits.   ::) :lol:

Looking forward to the growing up photos, including the "look what naughty Pip did" ones.   :blush:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Oliveview

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 08:09 »
I could have had a whole book of look what naughty Jumbo did photos!
Like:  Chew reading glasses, chew my sisters swimming costume, chew my sons trainers, he went into the spare bedroom when friends were staying and took an expensive watch, luckily I heard him drop it! It was ok, thank goodness!  They were the expensive things, he had many cheap things, biro“s, note books, plants...... we love him still though

Pamela

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 12:15 »
He's met the cats ??? they weren't impressed >:( he met the chickens ??? and rabbits  ??? they weren't bothered and neither was he :happy:

Early days, but positive first steps. :)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

evie2

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 15:08 »
He's got us trained.  When he needs out he goes over to the door, clever boy :D he also has a litter tray with hempcore (very useful stuff) in for night time.  We've been putting him, his bed and litter tray in the travel cot, (yes, the travel cot) at night until we got a travel cage.  To be honest he's settled down very quickly into a routine; sleep, toilet, play, toilet, eat, toilet, play, toilet, sleep :happy:

He's a man's dog or should that be, he's Ali's dog.  He follows him everywhere and likes to lay at his feet or in the crook of his arm, very cute.  Even though he's only 7 weeks old, we've started his training and he's showing typical boarder collie traits :happy:  The rule of, no dogs upstairs, or on the bed or the sofa has been broken already by OH ::) and the girls might just as well move back home because they're here all the time :lol: 
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

spottymint

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 18:51 »
He's a cutie.

What i this new fangled thing with sticking them in cages ?
When I was a kid, you shoved it in the lounge & let it get on with it. 

shetan

• Experienced Member
  • a wandering soul in a gsd body
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 22:44 »
jaw droppingly gorgeous
1 Husband, 3 German Shepherds, 3 Black Jersey Giants, 3 White Jersey Giants, 1 White Jersey Cross, 1Blue Buff Columbian Brahma, 2 Buff Columbian Brahma, 1 White Columbian Brahma,  3 Gold Brahmas, 2 Golden Quail, 2 Giant Continental Rabbits and a Sister!

evie2

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 23:17 »
What i this new fangled thing with sticking them in cages ?
When I was a kid, you shoved it in the lounge & let it get on with it. 

I know, I never imagined we'd get one, I always thought they were too 'Cruella Deville'' but we decided it would be a good idea to keep him safe from being beaten up by the cats ::) so far he likes it.  It's not a metal one, it's the same material as the travel cot and is big enough to take his bed and litter tray :)

evie2

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 18:21 »
He found the pond today, he didn't mean to, it just sort of happened :nowink:

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 18:35 »
My daughters dog used to like the pond when he was a puppy.  That was until he thought it was clever to walk on it when frozen.  He fell in and had to be rescued and has kept clear of it since.   ::) :lol:

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 06:52 »
He found the pond today, he didn't mean to, it just sort of happened :nowink:

What did he think of it?  :nowink:

Agatha

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2012, 11:50 »
Ooooh, he's absolutely gorgeous.  Nothing in the world is cuter than a collie pup (just as well....they need to be cute so you forgive them for all the horrible things they get up to!)

What happened with the pond?  Did he fall in? 
'The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies, but always grows and grows to an enduring and ever-increasing source of happiness.'  Gertrude Jekyll

evie2

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 13:19 »
He was not impressed :( cold water, duck weed and frog-lets don't make a happy Pip :nowink: he's been much more careful today :)

Wee Evie and Josh are here today, they've been running round the garden throwing his rugby ball for him, there were a few forward passes, knock ons and turnovers but Pip didn't mind ::) :lol:  He's having a nap now while they're having lunch.

I'm very impressed by his behaviour, we've only had one night of him yelping and he's been left for a few hour every day this week because I've been working.  The indoor kennel/cage is fantastic, it stops the worry of him getting into mischief at night and there's even room for his bed, water and litter tray :D

Because he's on 4 small meals a day we feed him away from the cats however last night we wondered why one of the cats was in the living room, Pip had found the cat food and was happily munching away ::)

Next step is getting him vaccinated, chipped and registered :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 13:22 by evie2 »

evie2

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2012, 20:27 »
Because he's off to see the vet tomorrow and is a bit wiffy, Eils and I gave him a bath, his second in 5 days ::) he was very good, didn't cry, try to escape or soak us by shaking :D  He sat quietly while he was given a blow dry  ::) looked very fluffy when we finished and didn't smell much different to before we started :wacko: then he found the pond again ::) :lol: 

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2012, 20:37 »
Its lovely to hear the progress. :) This forum is all about sharing information, isn't it?

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 38 queries.