Flubenvet premixed pellets ~ use by date

• 3 Replies

moomintroll

Flubenvet premixed pellets ~ use by date
« on: March 27, 2013, 18:35 »
My bag of marriages pre medicated flubenvet pellets has arrived today. The last time I used these, I had 5 chickens and there was no wastage by end of the 7 days.

I'm down to 3 chickens at the minute, and I know they wont use the full bag in 7 days this time. It states on the bag:

Best before/vitamins and minerals present until 05.05.2013.

Will I be able to use the surplus at the end of June for next treatment, or will it not be effective? Beginning of May would be too quick to worm again I think

Thanks  :wacko:

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Flubenvet premixed pellets ~ use by date
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 20:41 »
They are referring to the vitamins and minerals on the best before date.  These will deplete after that time but not overnight.  If it doesn't give further information on the flubenvet content regarding a best before date then it should still be active.  You can always email the manufacturer to have confirmation from them.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Elvira

• Experienced Member
  • Doodles just doing what they do best...
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 15:18 »
That's why I switched to mixing in the Flubenvet myself because the use by on the premixed pellets was so short if you only have a few hens. Also mine weren't keen on the pellets used for the premix (it took 3 days of starvation to get them finally to eat the pellets in captivity after being used to free ranging!)

moomintroll

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 14:30 »
Thanks ANHBUC, I cant see any other info, so will email the company and ask their advice. I actually think that because they are not getting any "extras", there might be hardly any left anyways

Thanks Elvira, they are not overly keen on the pellets and I've been given some filthy looks  :lol:
but I foxed them earlier on... i mixed some pellets with hot water into a mash, and they thought yum yum treat time and ate it no problem lol

sad
stolen chooks up date

Started by goodegg on Chicken Chat

15 Replies
Last post May 23, 2010, 10:05
by taximan
xx
who needs flubenvet?

Started by ehs284 on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post November 28, 2010, 21:39
by Lindeggs
xx
Layers pellet with pre-mix flubenvet

Started by Aidy on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post May 05, 2011, 13:37
by Aidy
xx
Bearts turkey and poultry growers pellets

Started by lisacj on Chicken Chat

0 Replies
Last post July 26, 2010, 07:44
by lisacj

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 38 queries.