How do you poultry folk do it??

• 21 Replies

Kiwi

• Experienced Member
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 10:27 »
Once you get them you'll spend so much time with them you'll want to make a wee bed in their house! They are the most lovely things to have.

Vickie & Richard

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 11:16 »
They are the most easiest pets you could ask for and they give you so much fun and lovely eggs to eat, wot more could you ask for.  There are things we need to be aware off, health issues to look out for and balancing the food correctly, but it isn't rocket science.  Ask away with your questions, you learn something every day on here.  Yes one of mine is indoors at the moment after a dog attack, but thats part of having any pet, you love them and care for them when they are poorly.

polly tunnel

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 11:41 »
You are all so kind to reply and I must say, all seem very positive indeed.....mind you, so was everyone when I said i was pregnant! still she's 25 now and I'M JUST ABOUT GETTING OVER IT!

I will let you know how i get on, but this won't be until after Christmas.
You are all so lovely and helpful.

p.s. I am glad you like my name, a bit like the chickens, when I first got my polytunnel i could think of nothing else. Incidentally if anyone is pondering a poly, it was the best thing i ever did.

tallulah

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 14:46 »
Quote from: "polly tunnel"
You are all so kind to reply and I must say, all seem very positive indeed.....mind you, so was everyone when I said i was pregnant! still she's 25 now and I'M JUST ABOUT GETTING OVER IT!

I will let you know how i get on, but this won't be until after Christmas.
You are all so lovely and helpful.

p.s. I am glad you like my name, a bit like the chickens, when I first got my polytunnel i could think of nothing else. Incidentally if anyone is pondering a poly, it was the best thing i ever did.

:lol:  :lol: I've always fancied a polytunnel, but am a bit wary about huge amounts of extra work and time I might need to put into it, as I seem to be so doggone busy these days!  Can you tell me how you got on with it?  Id love to know.

polly tunnel

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 10:13 »
Tallulah,

I got mine from First Tunnels who were excellent on instructions and help line. I really just wanted extra planting space that offered different growing conditions to give me more chance for longer in the vegetable garden, this it has done. The extra work is in making sure the soil is right, the weeding is minimal but the watering is more often, and the nourishment of the soil possibly more than in the open beds in the veg garden. My success rate is high in the tunnel. I have grown tomatoes, leeks, salad stuff, cucumbers, onions, chillies, courgettes, and at present have some spring cabbage and rocket on the go. Polytunnels are not the most beautiful erections known to man but I wouldn't be without mine.

hectic

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2008, 14:21 »
Polly, I think in that you have just answered you own question! :D

polly tunnel

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2008, 14:50 »
Oh Hectic,

I should have thought this through!

xx
How do folk go on in winter

Started by loretta cluck on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 10, 2012, 10:19
by loretta cluck
xx
Some folk stopped and asked to buy eggs

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 15, 2008, 22:05
by NormandyMary
xx
Poultry Spice, Poultry Zest, Garlic, Apple Vinegar, Verm-X, Liquid Tonic etcc

Started by OpiumEater on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post June 20, 2011, 09:28
by Kenilworth
xx
The joy of poultry

Started by kizza on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post December 19, 2006, 11:42
by Huswyf

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 28 queries.