Buying tools for the allotment

• 1 Replies

kenny199

Buying tools for the allotment
« on: December 22, 2010, 16:26 »
Before I took on my allotment at the new for 2009 Owlsbury allotment site I had a look around and saw that there were lots of new stainless tools ,new barrows and the like just stuck in the plots and left.I have all the tools for work but I didnt want to take them every time I wanted to work there.I had a look in at our local tip and they have a shop there selling all manner of things from books and cds to gardening tools.Their favourite price for tools is £2 .I have a good old spade ,fork , hoe and a cultivator of a kind I have never seen
before .It has three pairs of interlocking spike wheels.You push it over the soil and it breaks up the clods into a fine tilth so easily a kid could do it. It looks intricate but is basicly simple .I would think it could be of a Victorian design but it was made in Taiwan.I bought a NEW rake from Lidls for £3. My basic tool kit I got for £11 and I say that I am not worried about any of my tools being nicked but if some one took my little cultivator i would be very upset.
To err is human, to arr is pirate

solway cropper

Re: Buying tools for the allotment
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 20:21 »
Some of the tools I have belonged to my grandad, then my dad before me so I think I'd be a bit sick if they got pinched. Which reminds me, I need a new shaft for a draw hoe.

xx
Wyevale tools amnesty

Started by Rangerkris on Frugal Living

0 Replies
Last post April 26, 2009, 08:31
by Rangerkris
xx
Childrens tools sale

Started by Cake Lady on Frugal Living

6 Replies
Last post January 08, 2012, 12:21
by sunshineband
xx
Tools and compost at Lidl

Started by WeavingGryphon on Frugal Living

0 Replies
Last post March 21, 2020, 08:57
by WeavingGryphon
xx
Auction houses for cheap tools etc.

Started by mkhenry on Frugal Living

20 Replies
Last post November 02, 2007, 23:59
by mkhenry

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 35 queries.