Pyrethrum treatment

• 2 Replies

Madclucker

Pyrethrum treatment
« on: July 02, 2011, 17:37 »
Hi all i have bought some Pyrethrum spray for treating lice on my hens, it says on the bottle that it contains 25% Pyrethrum extract.

Will this be ok to spray straight onto the hens or do i need to dilute it further ?

Also where do i spray the hens with it ?

Thanks
MC

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Pyrethrum treatment
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 23:12 »
This is the only information I could find about the spray, hope it helps but it sound like you treat the house and not the bird with it.

You can rely on Beaphar Anti-Bug spray to get rid of mites ticks and fleas in bird cages. These bugs love to take over the corners perches and other nooks and crannies in the cage. Beaphar Anti-Bug spray is an effective treatment if there is a plague of these parasites in your bird cage. Please ask your vet for advice before using Beaphar Anti-Bug spray to make sure that this is the appropriate treatment. Do not spray in to eyes. Do not inhale! Please note Use biocides safely. Please read the product information before use Please keep in a safe place away from children and pets. Do not use pyrethrum near cats!
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
Re: Pyrethrum treatment
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 02:09 »
Hi Madclucker,  is there any other information on the bottle?  It would help if we knew the brand name, all the active ingredients, the concentrations of those ingredients, and any instructions on the bottle. 

It should say what concentration to use and how to apply it, but if not someone else here may have used the same product and be able to help.

smiley
What is the best treatment.

Started by sushi on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post February 23, 2011, 13:16
by sushi
xx
Wood treatment

Started by ActionFlack on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post July 03, 2013, 19:53
by Madrat
xx
red mite treatment?

Started by sussexchook on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 19, 2011, 15:40
by patsyg323
xx
Lawn treatment

Started by Bruced on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post June 06, 2009, 13:39
by joyce c

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 32 queries.