Pets Gallery

• 1711 Replies

MJS

• Winner - favourite sunflower photo of 2011
Re: Pets Gallery
« Reply #885 on: July 26, 2011, 18:10 »
Thanks Tosca100 :D

Jack used to be a gundog and was going to be shot when he got completely blind, so we had him for company for Cherry. She had been lonely since our greyhound died. They are like chalk and cheese, but get on so well. Jack has an array of "squeaky" "honking" and any other variety of ducks, pheasants etc and he does like to get the same one that you throw for him.
Cherry is also a rescue, abused girlie, but she has come on in leaps and bounds over the seven years we have had her.
I'm so glad your friend's dog has found a happy home too.  :D

(are those your dogs on your profile pic? they are happy looking dogs too. )
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 18:13 by MJS »

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #886 on: July 26, 2011, 18:33 »
Those are both our dogs. The black one came from lab rescue at 8 weeks old, having already been sold twice(as a lab, which she clearly wasn't......

But we thought the lab needed a friend (she was re-homed privately....unwanted) and although she disagreed, they are now firm friends.

Jess, the blind dog, also came from lab rescue, and her story was so amazing she won Dog of the year at the annual fundraising funday. She is stunning. Not a good photo, but this is her winning the fancy dress....so undignified....

MJS

• Winner - favourite sunflower photo of 2011
« Reply #887 on: July 26, 2011, 18:40 »
Awww, great pics :D i love a happy ending :D 

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #888 on: July 26, 2011, 20:17 »
Love the lurcher too MJS! :D
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

evie2

« Reply #889 on: July 27, 2011, 17:49 »
Ferrets
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #890 on: July 27, 2011, 18:15 »
Ferrets

Its a lovely pic isn't it? :D  I miss having them around. I suppose we could consider getting a pair here now, if the Border Collie was likely to get on with them. ::)

nuggets dad

• www.eternityimages.co.uk
« Reply #891 on: July 28, 2011, 20:09 »
Can anyone help with adding photos ? I tried adding 4 pics of our new puppy doberman , but it says files too large .I had resized them for another forum  ??? Can someone please tell me what size the files need to be , they are a max of 800x600 at the moment .

Thanks Mark
I ginger moggy, with a wonky tail , 2 Bantums , 2 Brown hens and missing my gorgeous Dobie girl , Izzy .

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #892 on: July 28, 2011, 21:03 »
There's lots of useful information on the Noticeboard !

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=19476.0

PurplePixie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #893 on: July 28, 2011, 21:17 »
Heres my boys....both adorable rescues with their own issues and I wouldnt swap either of them for the world or a well behaved dog  :)

Archie...

Trevor

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #894 on: July 29, 2011, 06:40 »
Aww they're gorgeous, cheeky looking boys PurplePixie especially Archie, I have to say. :D

PurplePixie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #895 on: July 29, 2011, 09:25 »
Aww they're gorgeous, cheeky looking boys PurplePixie especially Archie, I have to say. :D

Thanks Argyllie, they are both a bit special and I think I'm lucky to own them. We're Archies fourth or fifth (and forever) home and he's a cheeky lil man with no manners or social skills but he's learning...slowly! He's a right scruffbag and has awful bedhair but he just loves a play, learning new tricks and a cuddle, I think he's just not had any attention or discipline before.

Trevor was rescued from a drug dealers flat where they had him living in a rabbit hutch. He's a bit like a toddler with OCD and will not go anywhere without a ball and will get in a stroppy panic if he can't find one. Also he has a strange and totally irrational fear or trumpets! If there is one on the telly he will jump a mile and bite at the floor :wacko:

I find it really sad that somebody just didnt want these two, they might not be perfect examples of their breeds, well behaved or well trained but they make me smile everyday and I love my "rejects" ...they're perfect to me  :)

tosca100

« Reply #896 on: July 29, 2011, 09:48 »
Know exactly what you mean! Our's both have behavioral quirks because of their former lives, and the black one has been a huge challenge, just starting to get somewhere now she is two years old. The lab has "fears" which are hard to avoid sometimes. Wouldn't be without them though. :)

Your two are gorgeous! :D

PurplePixie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #897 on: July 29, 2011, 10:07 »
Your two look like they're ALWAYS been together tosca! ...we've just about got to that stage now we're had the two of them together since November last year, they are proper partners in crime!

The next thing we need to address is Archie trying to balance on top of the radiator barking like a lunatic when the postman comes and doing his "cujo face" through the window at the Asda delivery man  ::)

tosca100

« Reply #898 on: July 29, 2011, 10:31 »
And we are trying to wean Bella off sleeping on the back of the sofa, and sitting there to look out of the window! :D

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #899 on: July 29, 2011, 10:44 »

Thanks Argyllie, they are both a bit special and I think I'm lucky to own them. We're Archies fourth or fifth (and forever) home and he's a cheeky lil man with no manners or social skills but he's learning...slowly!

Poor Archie! Our Buster (my avatar) was a rescue and we were his 4th home at the age of approx. 16 weeks. Being a Terrier he knew what was right and could have a bit of a temper before he learned from us that there wasn't any need to be like that then grew into the most biddable and sociable little chap for the rest of his 13 years. 18 months on, I still miss him terribly.

I'm sure both your boys will calm down and settle in nicely. :)

xx
Your Pets

Started by mrs bouquet on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post July 05, 2020, 14:16
by sunnywillow
xx
our pets

Started by yaxley on Pets without Feathers

16 Replies
Last post February 12, 2013, 12:59
by Agatha
xx
Pets as therapy

Started by janet12000 on Pets without Feathers

49 Replies
Last post December 09, 2009, 20:35
by janet12000
xx
Pets with feathers?

Started by Paul Plots on Pets without Feathers

51 Replies
Last post November 30, 2013, 10:33
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 52 queries.