Pets Gallery

• 1711 Replies

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Pets Gallery
« Reply #1500 on: July 08, 2013, 23:41 »
Thanks.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #1501 on: July 09, 2013, 07:10 »
great photos arugula .... Probably the perfect place to be in today's heat.  Looks like she'd heard the weather forecast and was doing a bit of forward planning  :)

Thanks shoozie. :) Guess what she's doing now.... More excavation to make the hole more comfortable.  :nowink: We've just been for our morning walk so her coat is damp from going through the long grass, makes for a better concoction of mud, don't you know. ::)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

ANHBUC

« Reply #1502 on: July 09, 2013, 09:13 »
great photos arugula .... Probably the perfect place to be in today's heat.  Looks like she'd heard the weather forecast and was doing a bit of forward planning  :)

Thanks shoozie. :) Guess what she's doing now.... More excavation to make the hole more comfortable.  :nowink: We've just been for our morning walk so her coat is damp from going through the long grass, makes for a better concoction of mud, don't you know. ::)

She is only using it as camouflage so she can hide and guard against predators/intruders!!   ::) :lol:

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #1503 on: July 09, 2013, 12:59 »
Yes camouflage mode is good. ::) :D

yaxley

« Reply #1504 on: July 09, 2013, 20:49 »
He is tall whats he crossed with ??

Your guess is as good as mine - each of the 4 vets I've seen has said something different (Mind you I'd be surprised if vets 1-3 could spell dog !)  I've heard most things - greyhound, whippet , weimarane , pitbull he does move very quickly when he wants to and has the same sort of gate as a greyhound when at speed.

THeres a lot of vets out there that cannot spell dog ...Looks a nice dog would be good to see some pictures of him standing side on to get a better idea of whats in him ...

She does have a very mischievous looking face, I think it's the eyes that do it. Given the heat you can forgive her a hole or 2, safely away from the veg patch - obviously  :)
[/quote]
Grow organic as nature intended

shoozie

• Winner - Best Sunflower photo, 2014
« Reply #1505 on: July 09, 2013, 21:49 »
Guess what she's doing now.... More excavation to make the hole more comfortable.  :nowink: We've just been for our morning walk so her coat is damp from going through the long grass, makes for a better concoction of mud, don't you know. ::)
I do like her thinking ..... if the mud holes work for the elephants in Africa, then I'm sure it felt really good today - in a dog sort of way of course  :D. Very clever dog  :D. It certainly wasn't a day to be too long out from the shade.

yaxley

« Reply #1506 on: July 09, 2013, 22:14 »
Our dog digs a hole /pit to lay in must be cooler for them use to have one dog that used to jump into horse troughs and lay down in the water to cool off ....

shoozie

« Reply #1507 on: July 09, 2013, 23:31 »
use to have one dog that used to jump into horse troughs and lay down in the water to cool off ....
:lol:  that kind of puts our effort of filling a large-ish seed tray with water today and get the pup to practice getting her feet wet into place  :D.  Hopefully the pup will love water as it would be good to 'paddle' with her in the canoe ! 

12 weeks old today ..... almost a 'tweenager' in human years ..... and several balls later ....... and then some more ....... that are all burst  ::) ....... Need to find the perfect puppy football, or keep poundland in business on a daily basis !

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 23:49 by shoozie »

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #1508 on: July 10, 2013, 07:15 »
She's a little beauty, shoozie. :D

I'm not surprised about the footballs.. I know, from Terrier experience, how sharp those little teeth will be and how remarkably strong their little jaws are, but perhaps not quite so yet. Getting her used to water is a good idea, but you might end up having to put her into a river, loch edge or even the sea and you might find her taking straight to swimming then. :) We had to take a "thrown in at the deep end" approach with our boy, but he instantly took to it and was then a strong and enthusiastic swimmer. The Collie howled the first time she saw the sea, as a pup, now loves to lie in it at the edge, or any big enough pice of water, to cool down. :D

Lardman

« Reply #1509 on: July 10, 2013, 09:35 »
I see the "Who me? I didn't do it." face has already been perfected  :lol:

You could give a boomer ball a try

FWknCSTh2mE

arugula

• hic svnt leones
« Reply #1510 on: July 10, 2013, 13:21 »
You could give a boomer ball a try

Oh I want one! We have a lawn full of burst footballs that you have to be very subtle throwing out as she thinks they're just perfect still. ::)  :nowink:

Agatha

« Reply #1511 on: July 10, 2013, 13:33 »
Aaah, what an innocent face!  Can't be her destroying those footballs, must be some other dog :)
'The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies, but always grows and grows to an enduring and ever-increasing source of happiness.'  Gertrude Jekyll

shoozie

« Reply #1512 on: July 10, 2013, 20:50 »
thanks arugula - and those teeth are definitely like little needles.  We're inching towards the day she can go out into the real world with paws on the ground ..... !

That ball looks good Lardman - thanks for that and I'll definitely look that up  :D

I see the "Who me? I didn't do it." face has already been perfected  :lol:

Aaah, what an innocent face!
She is the perfect cat burglar ...... Must walk on tip toes with maximum stealth, holding her breath to gather her stolen booty  :nowink:

ANHBUC

« Reply #1513 on: July 11, 2013, 09:30 »
She is adorable.   :)

Sparkyrog

« Reply #1514 on: July 11, 2013, 21:25 »
And she knows it ! Typical female  :D
I cook therefore I grow

xx
Your Pets

Started by mrs bouquet on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post July 05, 2020, 14:16
by sunnywillow
xx
our pets

Started by yaxley on Pets without Feathers

16 Replies
Last post February 12, 2013, 12:59
by Agatha
xx
Pets with feathers?

Started by Paul Plots on Pets without Feathers

51 Replies
Last post November 30, 2013, 10:33
by Paul Plots
xx
Pets with Feathers?

Started by Paul Plots on Pets without Feathers

9 Replies
Last post December 08, 2012, 21:42
by shoozie

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 55 queries.