Growing In Containers

• 2 Replies
Growing In Containers
« on: October 08, 2008, 13:04 »
This is my first year of growing my own (in my garden not an allotment) and have been having great fun experimenting with raised beds and containers. I'd appreciate some advice on compost for containers though....
I've had quite a bit of success with courgettes, potatoes, tomatoes, aubergines and squashes in containers but I'm not sure what to do with the soil/compost I've used this year. Will it be ok to use again next year in the containers, should I put it on my compost heap, or can I use it to top up my raised beds and the area I'm goign to try soft fruit in this time round?
Any advise greatly received.....

Allotment Jon

Growing In Containers
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 13:24 »
I,m in my first year and asked a simular question to other people on my Allotment. I have raised beds and contairs full of compost and than a large patch of soil where I did my potatoes. I was told to dig the compost into the soil and not to reuse it. Not an expert on this but look forward to further replies.

Ice

• muck spreader
Re: Growing In Containers
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 15:47 »
Quote from: "JeanetteCoulson"
, should I put it on my compost heap, or can I use it to top up my raised beds and the area I'm goign to try soft fruit in this time round?
Any advise greatly received.....
I don't grow soft fruit but I always throw used compost either on my heap, veg bed or raised beds.  Not too much at a time on the heap though.  But then I am as tight as a ducks wotsit. :)
Cheese makes everything better.

xx
Growing in containers

Started by fletcherbaker on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post January 27, 2010, 10:37
by AdrianH
xx
Growing raspberries in containers?

Started by heatherbur on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 21, 2008, 19:06
by Trillium
question
Vine growing in containers

Started by Robplot on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 27, 2019, 16:57
by Ivor Backache
xx
Growing peas in containers

Started by Donnay on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 20, 2013, 22:51
by grinling

Page created in 0.402 seconds with 38 queries.