What have you made for Christmas?

• 2 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
What have you made for Christmas?
« on: December 20, 2020, 21:06 »
No wine made here, but I have some quality infused spirits all made with produce I have grown.  Pink currant white rum, gooseberry and loganberry vodkas and quince brandy. 

They won’t all be opened on the day but it feels good to have a selection to choose from  :)

snowdrops

Re: What have you made for Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 21:12 »
Mine are mainly gins,cherry,raspberry, elderflower, but I made some cassis which was very drinkable when I taste tested it when bottling  hic  :mad:, I’ve also made gooseberry vinegar, which is rather pungent. I’ve also got various jams,chutneys & jellies.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

Re: What have you made for Christmas?
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 07:13 »
Fourteen gallons of our fave tipple, 'Christleton', (elderberries, cider etc) and this year, a pound or two of splodged damsons, given to us by a lovely friend!

The two 7 gal containers are going hell-for-leather as we speak, because I've started using a turbo yeast, which sounds extravagent, but does the job quickly, cleanly and has all the nutrients as well, so is a good deal...

Oh yus, I also did some work on an old smoker's stand we'd picked up from my folks' house twenty-five years ago! I'd also got hold of an oak lamp, from an uncle's home, but we never really used it so hey-presto, the top came off the smoker's stand, the bottom came off the lamp, and now I can sit in a chair with a lowered standard lamp, when JRT sits in my place, and I have to move...

xx
never made cider before but.......

Started by Mrs Bee on Homebrew

5 Replies
Last post September 10, 2012, 10:43
by Mrs Bee
xx
wine made from jam recipe

Started by Fredjones on Homebrew

3 Replies
Last post November 06, 2009, 20:47
by DD.
xx
Wine made out of Veggies

Started by SkipRat on Homebrew

23 Replies
Last post June 19, 2007, 15:18
by Scribbler
xx
Home-made malt

Started by SarahB on Homebrew

5 Replies
Last post May 23, 2010, 16:30
by AnnieB

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 36 queries.