Growing in your front garden

• 34 Replies

Beetroot Queen

Re: Growing in your front garden
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2015, 17:46 »
Thank you Snows! We love that Wistaria, although when it sheds its blossom, we get it all over the house and Mrs Growster is on the warpath most days... The leaves in Autumn are a menace as well, for the same reason!

It used to go round three sides of the house, and took absolute ages to tame, and as ladders are not my favourite items, we decided to cut it right back to this shape, which I can now prune from the ground!

There's a photo taken of it when it was rampant and barging around everywhere in the late nineteenth century, and they must have designed the 'modern' house around it!

I love it its beautiful, I hope you dont mind but i am using it as my screen picture

Baldy

• Hey Ho Lets Grow!
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2015, 18:36 »
Very nice growster.

He's going to get to big for his boots though BQ.   ;)

( 'm going to use the picture and see of the local pyjamas manufacturers will be able to 'sort me out'  its so lovely)  :D
Pip pip,
Balders

Growster...

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2015, 07:14 »
Thank you, BQ, of course you can use it, and here's another one with a rampant Photinia, and the remains of a Magnolia, plus a few bluebells...

Balders, my boots never did fit my silly-shaped feet, so nothing to see there..;0)
P1110176.JPG

Ema

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2015, 10:10 »
I'd stick to root veg and herbs, fruit will be too tempting to passers by. mix in a few annual flowers so it's doesn't look to veggie and formal. Oca make lovely plants and no one has a clue what they are.

I Love Spuds

• Experienced Member
  • AKA Mike.
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2015, 11:48 »
I have 3 patches at home two of which are in the front garden. Luckily its very private and cannot be seen from the road. The only people who know there is food there are our neighbors, and I don't think they dare nick any Ha Ha! Both front patches are part of my rotation, and I couldn't do without them. If you can avoid theft then the front garden is the perfect place to grow imo.
"Every time I learn something new, it pushes old stuff out of my brain" Homer J Simpson

xx
Front garden growing

Started by Elcie on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post December 18, 2008, 23:11
by jennyb
xx
Front Garden Growing

Started by Sophie_Chilli on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post November 17, 2010, 13:07
by Sophie_Chilli
xx
front garden with veg

Started by Emma on Grow Your Own

23 Replies
Last post October 06, 2007, 11:36
by freyaluck
xx
What to plant in a Front Garden?

Started by Kagganz on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post February 19, 2009, 09:20
by Debbie D

Page created in 0.347 seconds with 36 queries.