Veggiemesh

• 3 Replies

rowlandwells

Veggiemesh
« on: July 12, 2020, 09:18 »
i was looking for something in the shed the other day when i came across a roll of veggiemesh  that i didn't know i had so i thought i must use that on some brassicas not having used veggiemesh before i was told by another gardener that you can put veggiemesh  onto the plants without hoops or a frame but i was a bit unsure to go with that so i thought i would ask if anyone uses veggiemesh and how they use it and if one needs to make a frame to hold it

i have got hoops to hold my cabbage netting over the raised beds but this veggiemesh does seem more fine probably better for aphid cover I'm tempted to buy some more for next season but it depends on how our fellow gardeners rate it and if it lasts because its said to last 10 years?

replies most welcome

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Veggiemesh
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 11:08 »
I have in the past laid it over newly planted onion sets, to stop the birds pulling them out - it doesn't seem to stop them growing. I mostly use it draped over stumpy bits of wood, so it just clears the tops of growing carrots to stop the carrot fly getting in :)

greenjay

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 21:42 »
I have made hoops out of blue plastic which I use to cover my brassicas with the enviromesh.
I did see on a gardening programme that they draped it over the plants.
I would be concerned that the weight might hinder growth.

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 07:39 »
yes i tend to agree with what your both saying it does make sense to carry on as I'm doing now putting the mesh over plastic hoops [blue pipe] many thanks RW

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 40 queries.