my wounded soldier

• 4 Replies

barley

my wounded soldier
« on: April 16, 2015, 15:39 »
have you ever tried bandaging a chook before ???

no me neither until today  :lol:  as some of you may know my little rhode island red Ginnny has been suffering with blood blisters on her chest , this is the 3rd one to go and boy do they bleed  :ohmy:

the last one that burst she lost a lot of blood and it took its toll on her for a few days , luckily today I saw it burst and thought need to stop this bleeding fast , so with an improvised eye patch bandage I've had for donkeys years we managed a make shift pad  :tongue2:

bless her she's been walking round as happy as any thing all day with her pad - no ill effects pleased to say , not sure whether to take it off till tomorrow now  ???

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Re: my wounded soldier
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 15:56 »
 :)

Norfolkgrey

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 17:29 »
Oh bless her. She really doesn't seem fussed tho  :)

compostqueen

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 16:01 »
Never heard of that before  :unsure:

She looks fine though otherwise. Picture of health. As do the others.  I love to see chooks in good nick  :D

barley

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 21:33 »
pleased to report the bandage came off and the bleeding had stopped

stopping her loosing to much blood was defiantly the right thing to do , she showed no sign of weakness like the last 2 bleeds

not sure why she's getting this problem - she has a really protruding breast bone which seems to be very tight under her skin surface and think that is causing the blisters to form  :(

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 36 queries.