Birthing help for cats please!!!

• 468 Replies

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
Re: Birthing help for cats please!!!
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2009, 17:16 »
She has the choice of a big box with blankets, under the bed with blankets, or a cat basket.... and where is she now lying in anticipation.... on the window curled into the curtains  ::) I will have to move her if she doesnt move herself the daft kit!

She is having "positioning contractions", but as of yet her water hasnt broken, although she has lost her mucous plug (bleugh - my friend told me just to go look for this, it was rather yucky). The rear kit is in proper position, but from feeling I think the first kit in line may be breech. I just know this will be a middle of the night job  : ::)

madcat

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2009, 17:21 »
It is generally safer for mammals to give birth at night - less predators when they are at their most vulnerable.  Logical when you think about it like that - but yes, middle of the night seems likely.  Sorry!   ::)

But someone will be on line and waiting to hear the news as it happens .....
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

poultrygeist

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2009, 17:22 »
I'll point out at this stage that I'll be alseep but will be rooting for you in between snores  :D

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2009, 17:28 »
Just a warning - I am going to post photos of the birthing. So, if you dont want to see it dont look at the photos  :tongue2: I have been asked by a couple of people to put photos on as they are born and intend to do so. I personally am finding it fascinating, but know there are those who will not want to see it.

Evie is now pacing back and forth again, it's going to be a long night for her!

Rob - I expect you to stay up all night with help and advice for me  :lol:

janet12000

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2009, 17:28 »
First thing that Jacob asked me when I picked him up from school was whether 'the other Evie' had had her kittens yet!
Good luck with being kitty midwife. xxx

poultrygeist

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2009, 17:31 »
I'll fetch the towels and hot water. Would love to be there to hold a paw. Only ever seen a lamb being born.

Don't think I could make it in time but I'll stay up as late as I can.

Rob

ps. I'm sure our Evie sends her best. But she's out watching for mice at the mo  ::)

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2009, 17:33 »
I've never seen any kind of birth - in fact birth is one of the reasons I am not keen on having children, it terrifies me. I hope this doesnt put me off further  :lol:

Tell Jacob you will know as soon as it happens on here  :D. Me, laptop, heater and blankets are waiting with Evie all night until they come.

Parsnip

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2009, 17:33 »
First thing that Jacob asked me when I picked him up from school was whether 'the other Evie' had had her kittens yet!
Good luck with being kitty midwife. xxx

Aaaw how lovely :)

This is very exciting, can't wait for pics!

poultrygeist

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2009, 17:37 »
Giving birth is easy Cara ! ::)

I just stood there and had my hand squeezed, and it all just happens painlessly. Simple  :D

Rob 8)

Parsnip

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2009, 17:41 »
I've watched Sheeps and Cows giving birth. They  were much the same apart from the fact that one has little woolly babies and the other has bigger ones that go moo :D

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2009, 17:46 »
Get yourself up here Snippy and help  :tongue2: I would kill for a glass of wine, but I dont think its a good idea as I may need to drive to the vets at some point.

I just told her that she cant have a 48 hour labour as she would keep all of you guys up worrying about her  :lol: She is just dribbling and purring at me and padding away at the blankets now  :wub:

janet12000

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2009, 17:56 »
Giving birth is easy Cara ! ::)

I just stood there and had my hand squeezed, and it all just happens painlessly. Simple  :D

Rob 8)
It sure is easy Rob.
I got put to sleep and when i woke up there was a baby happily sleeping in a fish tank next to my bed.  :)
It took more time to remove all my piercings that I had at the time prior to the anasthetic than it did to get Jacob out!
Anyway, off topic!
Back to Evie.......

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2009, 17:57 »
watched our gsd give birth to six pups and the pups father and uncle kept pacing up and down. Had visions of them asking for a cigar at the end of it all  :lol: We caught a lot of it on video it was so exciting to watch. Seen a cow also giving birth in a field that we was driving past and of course was there when my 2 were born (well only conscious for the first as the second they thought had problems owing to the cord round his neck so they knocked me out, so apart from the worry that birth was so pain free  :D)
Staffies are softer than you think.

Parsnip

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2009, 18:01 »
Get yourself up here Snippy and help  :tongue2: I would kill for a glass of wine, but I dont think its a good idea as I may need to drive to the vets at some point.

I just told her that she cant have a 48 hour labour as she would keep all of you guys up worrying about her  :lol: She is just dribbling and purring at me and padding away at the blankets now  :wub:

I can't it's too far, I've got school in the morning :D. Although the word wine does make it tempting ;) Just nipping up the shop for supplies of my own if  it's going to be a long night - It's bed time about 10pm though sorry :blush:

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2009, 18:07 »
Phil is not going to be happy, I've had to put some of his best towels down for her  :nowink: I'm in trouble  :lol:

I have a mini-medi kit on hand for her just in case, proper powder kitten milk and bottles for the kits incase (and for mum as it will keep her energy up during labour) and a big bar of chocolate and coke so the caffeine and sugar will keep me awake :tongue2:

xx
cats one rule for dogs one for cats

Started by traacyken on Pets without Feathers

60 Replies
Last post April 05, 2014, 22:25
by mumofstig
xx
Cats

Started by dookie on Pets without Feathers

84 Replies
Last post December 02, 2009, 00:07
by Paul Plots
xx
Who would have cats ?

Started by spottymint on Pets without Feathers

18 Replies
Last post April 02, 2013, 08:20
by composthappens
xx
Cats and fireworks

Started by Elaine G on Pets without Feathers

10 Replies
Last post September 30, 2010, 14:05
by evie2

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 29 queries.