I know I'm easily confused but....

• 15 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
I know I'm easily confused but....
« on: May 01, 2010, 22:29 »
I've had 2 emails today.  One from a lady saying she bought 4 hens off me 2 weeks ago and this week she's had 7 eggs from them and how pleased she is, it was sent as a comment on my blog.

But I haven't had any hens to sell since last year!

Then the other email said have I got any chicks at the moment, and it was from someone who emailed me 2 days ago and said they are near peterborough and what was the phone number of the hatchery down there I use.  It was from someone called Joe Jackson, who I thought was a man.  I emailed back, and it turns out its the Mrs Jackson who ordered 6 hybrid chicks from me 2 weeks ago and is coming tomorrow to pick them up!!!

confused???? yep!    ??? ::) :ohmy: :blink: :unsure: :mellow: :wacko: :nowink:

Hayley'sHens

• Experienced Member
Re: I know I'm easily confused but....
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 22:45 »
Confused? Yes very  :lol: :lol:

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 23:14 »
What you too hayley????  It's not just me then?  PHEW!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 06:48 »
living with Brian is enough to confuse anybody including those that email you  :lol:
Staffies are softer than you think.

Manlea1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 07:46 »
Called old age lol lol  :D :D :D

Lee

xxruns for coverxxxxx

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 10:15 »
Oh well one of them is sorted!  The one asking for chicks who has already ordered some from me said she was sorry, but her son had also been using her email account to find out about chicks and he emailed me to ask if we had any, but she didn't realise that he'd asked me when she's already ordered some!!!!  And she wants a few more of the next lot when they are smaller!

so just waiting for the other one to explain now.  Probably another case of mistaken identity!!   :D ::)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 10:18 »
probably the same people who thought you organised holidays  :lol:

TeaPots

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 12:01 »
I've had 2 emails today.  One from a lady saying she bought 4 hens off me 2 weeks ago and this week she's had 7 eggs from them and how pleased she is, it was sent as a comment on my blog.

But I haven't had any hens to sell since last year!

Then the other email said have I got any chicks at the moment, and it was from someone who emailed me 2 days ago and said they are near peterborough and what was the phone number of the hatchery down there I use.  It was from someone called Joe Jackson, who I thought was a man.  I emailed back, and it turns out its the Mrs Jackson who ordered 6 hybrid chicks from me 2 weeks ago and is coming tomorrow to pick them up!!!

confused???? yep!    ??? ::) :ohmy: :blink: :unsure: :mellow: :wacko: :nowink:

Interesting....these people, Jo jackson have been emailing ME for chicks, I said I could get them some from a friend in Peterborough if that was too far for them to go.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 21:34 »
Jo Jackson and family came round today.  She is very nice.  It was her son who was emailing people too, and he didn't realise she had already ordered some Bovans browns from me! lol  She fell in love with the tiny chicks too and had a light sussex and a RIR, went out and bought a heat lamp and bits. i gave her some chick crumb, and now she wants another 10 Bovans next time I get any, plus a few more pure breed chicks out of the next hatch.  so that one worked out good Teapots!

TeaPots

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 23:06 »
Jo Jackson and family came round today.  She is very nice.  It was her son who was emailing people too, and he didn't realise she had already ordered some Bovans browns from me! lol  She fell in love with the tiny chicks too and had a light sussex and a RIR, went out and bought a heat lamp and bits. i gave her some chick crumb, and now she wants another 10 Bovans next time I get any, plus a few more pure breed chicks out of the next hatch.  so that one worked out good Teapots!

:D good. But I Do wish peeps would send a follow-up email to say thanks but no thanks, as we have been emailing over a few days.  ::) They SAID they wanted Welsummers, lol.  I'm sure I was after some silkies when I came back with my faverolles  :lol:

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 23:11 »
Oh don't be silly Teapots, you are asking people to act 'normally'!  I've had loads of people order chick, pullets and POL and just not turn up at all.  Including the idiot who ordered 80 turkey poults off us year before last.  promised to pay for them before we collected them.  But he didn't andas we had already ordeed them, we ended up with 50 too many turkeys!  Luckily I sold the other 30 as off heat growers at 5 weeks!!!

But I know what you mean, its really annoying!

Strange though Mrs J pricked her ears up when I showed her the 2 Welsummer chicks, but I said she couldn't have them as I was just looking after them for a friend!!!

TeaPots

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 23:17 »

Strange though Mrs J pricked her ears up when I showed her the 2 Welsummer chicks, but I said she couldn't have them as I was just looking after them for a friend!!!

:unsure: do ever wonder if people are genuine? Sometimes you get a really odd feeling about people, and wonder what they really want. Do you know what I mean?

IMOmimey

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 23:25 »
Theres some odd folk about  :mad:
Pets:if you don't love them like family, don't have them

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 23:38 »
Oh yes, there are DEFINITELY some odd people about!!!   :wacko: :blink: ::) ::)

Yes, I know what you mean too Teapots, but they seemed genuine enough, although you're right, she didn't really know what she wanted.

TeaPots

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 13:56 »
She/he has been back in touch, asking price of welsummers, i said the price last time she asked?
I'm thinking maybe she is just looking for bargain chicks to sell on. Which is fine, so long as we know  :happy:

xx
confused german shepherd

Started by shetan on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post August 10, 2011, 21:33
by Lloyd

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 40 queries.