Hair cut

• 23 Replies

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
Re: Hair cut
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2020, 17:12 »
Three weeks ago mine had gotten so bad that I was choosing between using a lawn mower, or a machete and a blowtorch. 

Thankfully, my barber opened up about that time.  COVID safety procedures in place she was wearing a mask with face shield.  I held a mask on.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

wighty

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2020, 19:24 »
We have an appointment for next Friday at 7pm.   Can't wait. 

Growster...

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2020, 20:58 »
I bought some professional clippers way back, when times were hard, and a Growster-Chop would just may be fashionable...

I managed my own from the front, but failed from the back of course!

But, Mrs Growster had a good 'seeing-too', (no, a haircut), and we agreed that I would just slice the layers until she felt happy with the result!

Actually, it worked out pretty well, and now I know all about her garden, her grandchildren and where she went for her holidays!

:0~
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 20:58 by Growster... »

GraciesGran

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2020, 06:56 »
Today's the day!!!!  3 o'clock can't come quickly enough.

wighty

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2020, 07:58 »
We had ours done last week.  The door is kept locked and we had to phone from outside when we got there.  We had to be seen to sanitize our hands and wear a mask.  Paul and I were allowed in together.  I actually felt that we had better attention and cut as Debbie had no distractions.  She told us she has been working 7am to 10pm some days but that it has cost her over £1,000 to get all the equipment she needed.   Enjoy your appointment, I know you will feel so much better afterwards, as we did.

Goosegirl

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2020, 10:58 »
GG's gone all retro as mine is so long now that I can wear it in a pony tail or toots. Actually I quite like it and may try doing some plaits when it's a bit longer.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2020, 13:17 »
Do you mean the "Sit on it" from Happy Days???

I should like to be in that situation.  After 12+ years working for HMtQ and being told to 'Get yer 'air cut', and looking forward to looking like a heavy metal guitarist, it starts to drop out!

Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

GraciesGran

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2020, 21:46 »
All done.  Feels wonderful am a very happy bunny.

GraciesGran

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2020, 06:56 »
Text from hairdresser who is 6 months pregnant to say she is stopping work now due to health problems and will not be getting the scissors out till January at the earliest!  She has however provided the name of a colleague who has agreed to take over during he rmaternity leave.  I envy husband - quick run  over with the clippers once a fortnight and he's sorted!

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 47 queries.