Field Turnip

• 2 Replies

rowlandwells

Field Turnip
« on: December 05, 2020, 17:45 »
Talking to a farmer friend of ours the other day he asked me if i had been growing any turnips this year i told him they wasn't that great a bit of a failure

with a big grin on his face he said there's a field of them just down the lane help yourself its marvellous i grew my turnips in a raised bed all netted and ended up with turnips like marble's yet he's got a 15 acre field with turnips as big as large tennis balls with a very good flavour and not a net in sight are well you can't win um all  :blush:

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
Re: Field Turnip
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 17:06 »
Talking to a farmer friend of ours the other day he asked me if i had been growing any turnips this year i told him they wasn't that great a bit of a failure

with a big grin on his face he said there's a field of them just down the lane help yourself its marvellous i grew my turnips in a raised bed all netted and ended up with turnips like marble's yet he's got a 15 acre field with turnips as big as large tennis balls with a very good flavour and not a net in sight are well you can't win um all  :blush:

It just goes to show you, if you talk nicely to you neighbors, all kinds of free produce may turn ip.
... I mean turn up.

[ :D  ??? I'll just stand quietly  over here now  ::)  :tongue2:]
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

rowlandwells

Re: Field Turnip
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 17:52 »
the turnips are  not very big but quite tasty with my stew and dumplings  :) and you never know i mite i say i mite even grow my own turnips next year  ;)

xx
turnip

Started by chickpeacurry on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 28, 2013, 11:02
by Tom Hill
xx
Turnip

Started by superluke2 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post September 01, 2011, 15:52
by Anton
xx
BEETROOT AND TURNIP DOING OK BUT ??

Started by grosmont50 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 09, 2011, 18:24
by plum crumble
xx
Turnip leaves

Started by rainie on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post July 20, 2009, 11:00
by rainie

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 41 queries.