Advice before the vet surgery opens :(

• 3 Replies

jo1thompson

Advice before the vet surgery opens :(
« on: September 01, 2011, 14:34 »
Hi,
My two girls are not happy ladies today. They have been off their food for the past couple of days, not totally, but not as much as they usually eat, I thought they were sulking because I recently started adding some poultry spice to their dinner which they tried and turned their noses up at!
They are approx 2 1/2 to 3 years old. Pepper stopped laying a few weeks ago, a soft egg, a shelless then nothing. Ginger stopped laying over a week ago, her last few eggs were yolkless. Neither has been up nor down till today. Pepper is sitting in the nesting box and Ginger is sitting outside in the run area, both are hunched and fluffed. I had a feel around both vents and tummys, Gingers is fine but Pepper had a clot of blood sitting just inside hers (Ive bathed it away, she has poo'd since with no evidence of blood).
They are both drinking, crops are pretty empty, the only things they are eating are meal worms and sweetcorn.  Combs are red, no drooping.
Feel sick with worry and the vey doesnt open till 5. Any advice on what I can be doing for my girls to help them feel any better?

Thanks folks

jo1thompson

Re: Advice before the vet surgery opens :(
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 15:12 »
Just made them some scrambled egg, no milk. Pepper is munching in but Ginger isnt even looking at it. They both look so healthy, am I overreacting a bit? Should I give it till the morning to see how they are, incase its just a wee 24 hour thing?

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 15:16 »
I don't think you are over reacting Jo.  If they were my girls I would want them checked over just for some peace of mind.

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 16:47 »
Soryy I can't help you but wanted to wish you luck with them. Let us know how they get on at the vets.

xx
Surgery!

Started by NormandyMary on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post October 03, 2010, 20:48
by twissle
xx
emergency crop surgery....

Started by mickwood on The Hen House

16 Replies
Last post May 16, 2009, 19:58
by Foxy
question
Surgery on chickens, is it legal?

Started by ADARLOW on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 07, 2010, 20:17
by karlooben
xx
Fruit and veg advice (heck - any advice!) for a newbie chook owner!

Started by cathy81walking on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post March 02, 2010, 11:30
by cathy81walking

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 32 queries.