Plastic Greenhouses

• 2 Replies

morbidia

• Experienced Member
Plastic Greenhouses
« on: April 13, 2013, 22:47 »
Hi, I have recently bought a plastic greenhouse as I don't have room for a glass one,its quite roomy and big enough to walk into :) I have sited it on my patio which is more sheltered than the rest of the garden but also gets the sun all day, What kind of thing can I grow in there? do I treat it like a glass green house or does it have limitations? at the moment I have some seeds that I got free sown into trays, I only sowed about a quarter of each packet in case they didn't grow, I have got Broccoli,runner beans, beetroot, squash and outdoor cucumbers in there now, we had a cold spell just after I sowed the seeds so I covered everything with fleece, I am also planning on putting some tomatoes in there in a tub, do you reckon any of this should grow or am I being to optimistic

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
Re: Plastic Greenhouses
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 07:54 »
You should be able to grow much the same things as in a glass greenhouse.

I started out with 2 of those little 4 level shelf greenhouses with the plastic covers and I was successful with toms in those.

As with any greenhouse, you'll probably overfill it and wish you had a bigger one!
One crop I always enjoy growing in my greenhouse is the cape gooseberry - they love the hot temps and seem to do really well.
And of course, they're a terribly posh accompaniment on the side of your pudding plate! :D

Enjoy your space :)

Muls

• Experienced Member
Re: Plastic Greenhouses
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 20:05 »
Ohhh, I'm trying cape gooseberry this year  :D. First time. I am also trying Chick peas down here outside.... boy are they doing well. Sorry , hyjacking thread.

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 39 queries.